We Are Decking the Halls with NSDs December Challenge

Options

Comments

• suzitiger
    Options
    Hello happy NSers.
    Well
    NSD #1 is finally in the bag, greggs had scuppered me so far this month :rotfl:(why oh why is work right next door to one...)
    I am in work lots this month so lots of packed lunches will equal lots of NSDs I hope
    :money:
    Don't turn a slip up into a give up:D
    *NSD Challenge Nov 0/10* *£10 a day challenge Nov £0/£300*
    No buying unnecessary toiletries challenge-in it for the long haul
    :D

• suzitiger
    Options
    2ym65q8.gif

Some helpful suggestions and ideas to follow below from our sponsor and godmother, BigMummaF :A

NO SPEND CHALLENGE.

1. Have a good, long think about what YOU want to include in your Spend & Excluded categories.
    Some of us count everything from Direct Debits & school expenses, while others do not include things like essential Bills or emergency medical costs. If you plan what is or is not a Spend for you now, it will help you decide on a realistic Target.
    2. It is NOT a race!
    We all have very different demands on our time & bank balance, so please do not think you have to buy everything on 1st January & make it last till 31st December! A few of us have been following this Challenge for a long...long...LONG time so have developed plans & ploys to help us along the way wink2.gif
    3. Most important of all, WE..DO..NOT..FAIL!
    Sometimes we can't quite reach our Target, but that is fine :) Everyone knows how Life will try to trip us up, & that is when you will find us here to help you back on to your feet.

OK, an idea of how some of us do things.
    1. What you will or will not include as a 'Spend'.
    Some people are doing other challenges too, & don't include the money spent on those for this one.
    Some will try to shop for other bits on the days their direct debits etc go out of their bank accounts; they're the real hard core of the bunch sport-smiley-003.gif & have been l-o-n-g time Nsders so don't panic :p
    Some won't count those annoying last minute demands from school & collections as you can't plan for them in advance, likewise emergency prescriptions or visits to the vet :(
    Personally speaking & providing I don't buy anything else, I don't count parking for hospital appointments.(..but then I usually do my shopping because I'm already out :whistle:)
    General thoughts on €bay sales is the buyer has paid P&P so no cost to you :D
    2. It takes Time to reach mega-numbers!
    The First suggestion is the first, because a bit of planning will work wonders on your road to your Target. Have a look at thefirst posts each month for a hefty list of other threads that may be of help. For example, there's a few giving ideas for packed lunches so you can avoid standing in the queue at the bakers for 45mins of your lunch hour! A good incentive to tweak your healthy eating & the pounds you save will show in your bank balance AND your waistline action-smiley-076.gif
    It helps to have various 'money pots' for the different costs that happen like Scouts, dinner money, yoga, window cleaner etc etc. The idea is you "spend" all that money in one hit by..:think:..
    let's say **putting the week's bus fares into the pretty coffee jar, Jo's tumble tots SIZE=2]Weds mornings[/SIZE in the cracked teapot & Ben's £1 coin for the gym locker SIZE=2]Friday lunch[/SIZE in the pocket of the changing bag, on Tuesdays every week when you've got some change from doing the food shop, so an already spendy day. At least four 'spending days' condensed into one ;) (**mine's jam jars for windows, milkman & a bit towards the bills!)
    3. Any day the money stays in your pocket is a bonus!
    If you look at it as a day you beat the system, you can't help but :j so don't fret it--ENJOY! If nothing else in here, we do manage find something to make us smile :D

We have virtual outings to wonderful places that never cost us a bean :rotfl:New York, Edinburgh & Brighton have been a couple & Spoon usually pilots the Tardis but you can use your own transport; my personal favourite has been a sit-on lawn mower borrowed from the cricket club :D The only thing to be aware of is Hubert the donkey who is partial to anything remotely edible but is not yet house-trained :o

And Remember;
    there are no silly questions, so don't be afraid to ask us anything!
    Don't turn a slip up into a give up:D
    *NSD Challenge Nov 0/10* *£10 a day challenge Nov £0/£300*
    No buying unnecessary toiletries challenge-in it for the long haul
    :D

• muffin_man_7
    Options
    2nd purse challenge no040£0 Sealed pot challenge ???? £2 trolley find not counting small coins till end year
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Options
    I now have enough nsds for a tripod :rotfl: No 3 decided there was enough motion lotion to get to the garage tomorrow although I did do my hackney cab impression!
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• chris81418
    Options
    Good morning everyone! :wave:
    chris1418 well done,you've got #1!!:j:jGood luck nabbing nsds in the week.

Thanks marmite! :)

A flying visit to report that I'm back on track with NSD number 2 caught yesterday! :j

Keep wrapped up warm everyone! cold.gif
    :money: Proud to [STRIKE]be dealing with[/STRIKE] have dealt with my debts! :money:
    DFW Nerd #1256, WSC £?/£? for w/c 03/03/2013, NSD ?/19 for 03/2013, Long Hauler #196

highest debts: 01/06/2006 £69,023.92 _pale_
    debt free date: 31/12/2012 £0!:D
  • freebyfifty
    freebyfifty Posts: 3,189 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning :)

Front page all updated again :T Looks like we are all off to a brilliant start this month. Thank you for the massive update marmite thanx.gif

NSD #3 for me yesterday. :j

Have a great Tuesday everyone :)
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
    August NSD Challenge 14/15
  • penny73_2
    Options
    NSD no 2 and 2 in a row
    Yesterday was my second NSD and being busy helped!!!
    Ordered a couple of Christmas presents but have to pay on delivery so I won't know when that's going to be a spendy (gulp!!!) day

Penny
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    I am off to the jewellers tomorrow to finalise my engagement ring ! :) so whilst not going to be an nsd as i will probably have to pay for parking, it is for a very happy reason so i dont mind.

Ohhhhh how exciting! Enjoy!:D
    rising - glad to hear you got maisie cuddles, wish i had a pet to cuddle. i would love a small dog or cat.
    Rising so glad you had a good time at DM's & lots of lovely Maisie cuddles!!
    rising glad that you and Maisie had a good time.:)

Thanks all ..... it really was fab to see her :D and really cheered me up - hopefully I might get down again in a couple of weeks ....
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • MummyRivett
    Options
    NSD 3 for me yesterday.

I'm very pleased with myself as it was cyber Monda yesterday too. I have all presents in the bag now, so really happy.
    • MSE Forum Achievements:
    • Debt-free & Proud - December 2014
    • Fully Funded 12 Month Emergency Fund - December 2020
    • Current Challenges: No Spend Challenge 2023
    • January NSD: 16/25
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    Hello can i join please. Aiming for 20 NSD. Should be 2 nsd's under my belt by the end of today. L2B.x
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure