Flight delay compensation, US and Canadian Airlines

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The delayed flight was from non-EU on non-EU airline so no compensation under EU regulations
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I don't agree. One ticket, departure within the EU.
    Pretty sure the FAQ's have reference to the recent Folkharts ruling.
  • Hi all,

After reading all of the posts, I just wanted some clarification if possible regarding UK contact for Delta Airlines, please?

I am submitting a claim for a flight from Heathrow to Boston in October that was delayed for over 4 hours due to two 'technical faults' that were left until the very last minute to report both times - once while still at the gate and then later, once we had all boarded and were taxing on the runway (not what you want first thing in the morning!)

I am preparing the letter with all of the relevant details and I have booking confirmation/boarding details etc, but just wanted to make sure I send to the correct address to hopefully save a bit of time in the process.

Would anyone also suggest emailing the company directly with the same letter?

Thanks very much in advance.

Kate
  • jsmac
    jsmac Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

After reading all of the posts, I just wanted some clarification if possible regarding UK contact for Delta Airlines, please?

I am submitting a claim for a flight from Heathrow to Boston in October that was delayed for over 4 hours due to two 'technical faults' that were left until the very last minute to report both times - once while still at the gate and then later, once we had all boarded and were taxing on the runway (not what you want first thing in the morning!)

I am preparing the letter with all of the relevant details and I have booking confirmation/boarding details etc, but just wanted to make sure I send to the correct address to hopefully save a bit of time in the process.

Would anyone also suggest emailing the company directly with the same letter?

Thanks very much in advance.

Kate
    Hi Kate,

I'm in a similar situation with Delta Airlines. I'm in the process of putting together an LBA and am unclear as to whether to send it to

Delta Europe Customer Care Centre
    TSA 21235
    75564 Paris Cedex 12
    France

or

Delta Airlines
    P.O. Box 24454
    London
    W5 3HF

I'll post back here once I hear back from Delta. If indeed I do hear back from them...
  • So I have the standard rejection letter citing extraordinary irregularities. Saying that cash compensation is not applicable under EC261.

Basically the breaking system failed and a part was sent from Gatwick to Heathrow, which meant a 5 hour delay.

They have offered me 5,000 miles as to go away. Can I reject this?

Can I ask them to provide proof, that the circumstances that led to my delay stemmed from an extraordinary circumstance that was not inherent to the normal running of an airline? If this is the case then surely the fault should have been referred to the plane manufacturer's and the plane grounded?

Anything else to add?
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So I have the standard rejection letter citing extraordinary irregularities. Saying that cash compensation is not applicable under EC261.

Basically the breaking system failed and a part was sent from Gatwick to Heathrow, which meant a 5 hour delay.

They have offered me 5,000 miles as to go away. Can I reject this?

Can I ask them to provide proof, that the circumstances that led to my delay stemmed from an extraordinary circumstance that was not inherent to the normal running of an airline? If this is the case then surely the fault should have been referred to the plane manufacturer's and the plane grounded?

Anything else to add?

"Extraordinary irregularities"? Cripes - that's a new one. Sounds very serious!:eek::eek::eek:

I wonder if a judge would agree? Actually, I don't.:rotfl:
  • Ich_2
    Ich_2 Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    To page 1...............
  • lyndac40
    lyndac40 Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi everyone looking for some advice. We flew From Edinburgh to Newark New Jersey on the 23/06/2010. our flight was delayed by 117 minutes, but because of this we missed our connecting flight to Chicago and our connecting flight from Chicago to Lansing MI. We should have arrived in Lansing at 21.38pm on the 23/06/2010 but did not arrive until the following day 24/06/2010 at 13.30pm. When I go into the flight stats web site it asks for the flight numbers I am able to put in the first flight number but when I put in the second number it says there was no flight with that number on that date. Does anyone know if there is another way I can go about checking this out. I would be grateful for any advice.

thank you

Lynda
  • lyndac40
    lyndac40 Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi everyone

Just to let you all know my letter and supporting documentation all ready for posting first thing tomorrow morning to United airlines. I will keep you all posted as to how I get on. I have given them 21 days instead of the usual 14 as I have to send the letter to America.

Lynda
  • placepot
    placepot Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 2 April 2013 at 8:54PM
    flew from glasgow to Newark USA 7th November 2009 delayed 5 hours with continental airlines is it worth follow up with claim for compensation if so does anybody no address to write to don't have bordering pass etc have flight information from flight stats.thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback