Sainsburys money off vouchers

Comments

• tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    To be honest I have never asked at customer services. I just pick a check out with a young lad on it (sorry lads) and hand over my coupons. None have been rejected so far but if they had i would just say ok and walk away and try again next time. I'm not embarrassed, just plead ignorance and you will be fine. I'm new to the coupon thing myself I'm sure there are others who do it all the time that can advise :) Happy shopping anyway ;D
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • Quiet_One
    Quiet_One Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Like Tiff, I've never made a fuss or shown letters from head office and I've managed to save useful amounts of money.
    By the way, is this thread correctly named -as most of us are talking about Tesco & Asda!
    if i had known then what i know now
  • Addy
    Addy Posts: 1,896 Forumite
    I'm a bit nervous about trying the Sainsburys magazine vouchers in Tesco. I've got several fairly large value ones for whisky, beer etc. Anyone had any success with these? Don't want to push my luck!!!

Addy.
  • Quiet_One
    You're not doing anything illegal-or even improper- in handing over vouchers. Tesco have taken all my Sainsbury vouchers from their magazine and £6 off a £30 spend vouchers which they sent to me.
    I also have used Mumplusone and other internet vouchers which do tend to attract more attention at manned checkouts.
    Just don't buy anything if you depend on the coupon discount and regard any saving as a bonus- it's fun as well!
  • Hi,

I used the £8.99 voucher successfully today in Tesco - chose a young male cashier again, also gave over 6 other Sainsburys vouchers.  £21 shopping cost me £8 - wahey!

My previous post, I actually meant that even Sainsburys took the internet coupons for products I hadn't bought!

I am also doing my shopping in small batches, using about £5 of vouchers against £12 shopping each time.

I used the self scan the other day and the machine called for assistance - the lady came over and said only vouchers for products I actually bought would go through self scan, the machines had been changed.  DO we believe it...?

Charlie  ;)
  • davcohen
    davcohen Posts: 94 Forumite
    ill tell my mum to do her shopping in tesco's when im working on the tills then and ill accept all the vouchers my till will scan ;D
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Do any of you use more than one of the SAME voucher when doing a shop?
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • Jolaaled
    Jolaaled Posts: 1,061 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    There's a 50p voucher in this month's free Superdrug mag ( think it's called 'spirit').
    These scan at my local tescos just fine.
  • Quiet_One
    I have used more than one of the same voucher. I shuffle them up for checkout operators and don't bother shuffling for self scan.
  • sdl811
    sdl811 Posts: 265 Forumite
    Where do you get all of these vouchers/coupons, you guys seem to have loads???

perhaps it might be a good idea to have a sticky that lists all the places/magazines that contain coupons and details there expiry date/value?

Make it easy to locate them...better still get them scanned so we can all print them off for use at ASDA's....
    Signature what signature....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport