Universal Credit Help

Not sure if anyone can help me here. Unfortunately I lost my job before Christmas which has resulted in my husband and I being told to apply for Universal Credit in order to get some help with rent whilst I look for work. I made the claim on 17/01/18 attended my interview as did my husband. My husband works 45 hours a week and earns an average of £22,000. We have two children aged 14 and 4 years old. I have checked our claim this morning as our decision/payment date was looming and it’s calculated a payment of £0. From the Statement of Payment it looks as though they have processed our claim and not taken 2 dependant children into account. It just states the general adult amount for a couple over 25 then shows our rent amount which has been reduced by 25% as we live in a 3 bedroom house and UC seem to think we live here as a lone couple with no children. When I made the claim I included all the details for both children and even went over these details with my work coach so I am unsure if this is a mistake on UC part or is this right that we don’t qualify for the child element? Anyone else had the same thing? Will obviously call them first thing tomorrow but was just looking for help from anyone who may know.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport