M&S Bank Credit Card Blagged Deal

Comments

• The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Alison_42 wrote: »
    Just a warning that the M&S 'voucher' doesn't work the way I would expect! I used mine online, sent back a few items, so ended up spending a total of £43. So you'd think I'd get the full £30 off, yes? No! What they do (and this is company policy, not a mistake) is apply a bit of the voucher to each item ordered. Because the voucher is non-refundable, they then do not refund the bit applied to the returned items. The upshot being, I only actually got £7 from the £30 voucher, despite spending £43!
    After a rather long and stressful phone call to their Customer Services, they did give the money back, in the form of a gift card (which, unlike a voucher, is the equivalent of cash).
    So, get the voucher, by all means, but be careful how you use it.

Can you get around this by exchanging the item (plus paying difference) for a higher price item and then get a refund on that at a later date? I mean generally that is, as you've already resolved the matter.
  • Thanks for sharing!
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    i had a bit of fun getting this account confirmed, but apparently the card is on the way to me now, having completed and returned the paperwork.
  • abi28592
    abi28592 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Link is not opening so could u please change it
  • I applied for a card in September it turned up 24th October I was out of the country so didn't use it until November. they are now saying they won't give me the voucher as I needed to use it by 31/10/16, a massive 7 days to use it even if I had been in the country. What a con.
  • i had a bit of fun getting this account confirmed, but apparently the card is on the way to me now, having completed and returned the paperwork.
  • They've now given me £10 credit after I complained now quite the £30 voucher they promised.
  • There's now a new version of this offer.

Apply for M and S credit card between 1 and 28 February 2017 and get accepted (new credit card customers only).

Then spend on the card 5 times by 9 April. No minimum spend per transaction (could be a loaf of bread) and the transactions can be on the same day, or different days.

Receive £30 voucher by email before 2 May.

Voucher expires on 31 May. Must be spent in one transaction.

I applied today for the CC and have been accepted. Awaiting paperwork by post (agreement to be returned duly signed), then card and PIN.

Hope to get everything set up to meet 9 April deadline for the spending.

I'll update this thread with how things progress. Hopeful but I won't be too surprised if problems arise in view of others' experience.
  • agentk
    agentk Posts: 187
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    tmwang50 wrote: »
    I applied for a card in September it turned up 24th October I was out of the country so didn't use it until November. they are now saying they won't give me the voucher as I needed to use it by 31/10/16, a massive 7 days to use it even if I had been in the country. What a con.

Wife and i also missed the cut off purchase date and have know cancelled both cards. Serves us right for not reading the t&cs and not using asap.:(
    3.55kw 2 systems 2.3 se 1.25 sw installed may 2011 and oct 2011..

I have never been mis sold anything but i have bought a few things i didnt need!
  • chaoclive
    chaoclive Posts: 35 Forumite
    edited 20 February 2017 at 6:39PM
    hi all

i haven't got the £30 voucher at all but i have seen the £5 worth of points on my online banking.
    any ideas?

this was for the application date in December 2016.

thx
    cc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family