2009-goodbye debt goodbye fat!

Comments

• elsie52
    elsie52 Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    Morning everyone.:j

Well I'm definitely feeling less stressed today. We had our annual review with Pauplan yesterday, and although we will have to reduce the amount we pay every month, its not really as bad as I thought it was going to be. I have set my mind to the fact that I will be getting phone calls again from our creditors until it all settles down again. I just hope they don't ring me when I am having a bad diet day. !!! :eek::eek:

I am looking forward to Monday and my ' Journey to being slim '. I am going to do this alone.........well with only whoever reads these posts....you guys.! :A I figure that if the girls at work know, they can sometimes be negative and I want only positive thinkers around me. ! I finish work at around 2.30 on Monday, and I will be heading straight into Boots to spend 50p on one of their weighing scales, and will go every week. I used to do Slimming World plan and it really works, I still have all my books so I shall follow that for free. ! I don't know about anyone else, but I dread summer coming, all those T-shirts.......that show every ripple, or ROLL in my case. !!:o:o but not this year. I am going into town today with a friend, and I know we usually go for lunch, but I will really try to be good. Have a good day all.

June 2010 - 11/56 lbs Weight to lose before May 2011.

• Shoe_Gal
    Shoe_Gal Posts: 7,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi everybody :hello:

You all sound very positive and as if you are on the right track - well done :j Hope you don't mind me joining in, am single so no support at home - so it's very easy to give in to temptation - eating and spending :o

I find the weekends quite hard but I am determined to keep to healthy eating this weekend - and do some exercise!

Off to do a 'proper'food shop now - and then the gym this afternoon! :eek:

Have a good Saturday

Shoe Gal x
    Sometimes it's hard to walk in a single woman's shoes - that's why we need really special ones!
    Total debt @ Oct 2008: £29,226.42 Credit Card- £[STRIKE]7493.56[/STRIKE] - £7243.56
    Weightloss : 0/34lbs
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    What are we all eating today?

I am having:

Breakfast: Porridge
    Lunch: Homemade soup
    Dinner: quorn mince, cabbage, turnip and new potatoes.
    Snacks/pudding: 3 pieces of fruit
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £80/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £103/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    you could always tell a white lie, and say you will just have a snack cos you know you are having a big dinner later...., or else be honest and say could you just have a coffee and a chat cos you are losing weight....
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Haven't decided on lunch yet. But breakfast will be a Cereal Bar. I cannot stand to eat first thing on a morning. Tea is homemade soup with crusty bread, and I think I may have fresh pineapple with a vanilla yoghurt for dinner. I love pineapple at the moment, can't stop eating it. And no I'm not pregnant, unless it's an immaculate conception. Hehe. Kat x
  • griffam
    griffam Posts: 140 Forumite
    Well done Kathryn on an amazing weight loss so far. I always manage about a stone then booooommm....something goes wrong. Sitting at around 13st 5lb at the mo. Generally if I can get into a size 16 suit from Wallis I am happy as I know I will look reasonably ok for work. I find it a real bind the whole getting dressed up malarky and look forward to friday when it is what my DH endearingly refers to as Fancy Dress.......otherwise known as dress down. Somehow the image of me in the office or at a meeting in atire akin to snow white or a grecian godess always makes me titter!!!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Not a brill day for food but great on the money side. I have such a busy weekend with DD at a beavers funday an hours journey away, weekly shopping to do, washing, ironing, a bit of gardening and then off to merseyside tomorrow ( about 100 miles ) to start sorting out the late uncles house. I thought I would be clever and order shopping online from Tesco so after a few glasses on vino last night i sat and worked my way through the order. When I got to the checkout.......£97 !!!! and that did not include new underwear for DD and a new lock mechanism for the lounge door ( more about this in a mo). Anyway decided that was daylight robbery so set off for town at 8.30 and left OH in charge of everything at home including getting DD to beaver funday. An hour later with the usual trawl around Wilkos, H & B and Lidl ....JOB DONE £63 for everything on list plus the othe extras.

DH called me while in town to say they had arrived at Beavers and he had not read the letter and poor girl did not have her packed lunch and he had to nip to the Spar and hastily get some odds and sods together. WHY DO MEN UNDO ALL YOUR GOOD EFFORTS.
    Off to sort out the lounge door before DH returns with daughter........If I let him get involved I suspect we will need a new door, door frame and a major refurbishment.!!! Watch this space and I will report later with the tale of two inbibed adults locked in the lounge.......desperate for the loo and panicking!!!!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Hello Payday! How are. . Hey where are you going? . . Please don't walk out on me.
    . Come back!
  • griffam
    griffam Posts: 140 Forumite
    It`s done I fixed the door !!!!!:j:j

Hello Payday! How are. . Hey where are you going? . . Please don't walk out on me.
    . Come back!
  • Go Griffam!!!!!!!!
  • Hi all, had a good day - convinced hubby to give me some more pennies for my cc bill and now he's making a homemade broccoli soup for tomorrows lunch (he's a chef!). We are having a healthy sunday pork dinner (1/2 price pork joint at morrisons!) and am looking forward to the week ahead.

Well done Griffam on getting the door done!
  • Evening All - where have you all gone?

Kat x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport