Gip

Hi I am new to this and have a question if anyone can help

Me and my partner have just found out we are having twins on Thursday and we are over the moon we already have a daughter who is nearly 3. My partner is going to have to leave work co sidering we will have 3 babies. I am and ex serviceman I got medicaly discharged from the army in 2016 after serving 8 years and I was awarded a GIP payment witch is a garunteed income payment for the rest of my life tax free I was wondering because I will the the only one working and I earn around 1500 a month do we have to declair my GIP payment to DWP wen we claim for our twins wen they are born we don't revive any benefits ATM but my partner will be leaving work so we will lose out on nearly 700 a month and I was wondering if anyone has been in the situation before and can help me

Thanks

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Claimants in receipt of AFIP will be eligible for the disability premiums in Universal Credit, Housing benefit and council tax reduction scheme.

All War Pension Scheme (WPS) payments and the AFCS Guaranteed Income Payment will be fully disregarded in the calculation of Universal Credit. AFIP and PIP payments will also be fully disregarded. All WPS payments and the AFCS GIP will also be exempt from the benefit cap.

http://www.mutual-support.org.uk/how-we-can-help/1915-2/

That's from the Armed Forces MS group

I'd say that you would declare it to DWP, but it will be disregarded.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure