(Unusual request) Mandatory reconsideration (ESA)

2»

Comments

• Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Something went wrong for you to be called for a face to face, hopefully in future even if you're reassessed it will be more straightforward. I'd concentrate on why the letter from the CPN wasn't sent earlier as it seems it would have made a big difference.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • I wrote a email to my appointee, I have asked for him to ring DWP and request my ESA decision and send me a copy and that if I've only been awarded 3 years I wish to appeal it. The NHS write everything down about me in RIO which lets them communicate which each other. They basically spy on me noting any chance in my presentation. I wish to be placed into the exempted criteria because after I have been awarded it I'm going to get my appointee annulled and then disengage from LD services. I have a CTO renewal in September, they will renew my CTO for another year. I wish to use my benefits and purchase a ticket to India from August to October this bypassing the CTO process and them being unable to renew it this making me free from forced injections every month against my will. That is my rationale for being awarded the exempt criteria. I will not have to worry about benefits after then and won't need to engage with support services.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I wrote a email to my appointee, I have asked for him to ring DWP and request my ESA decision and send me a copy and that if I've only been awarded 3 years I wish to appeal it. The NHS write everything down about me in RIO which lets them communicate which each other. They basically spy on me noting any chance in my presentation. I wish to be placed into the exempted criteria because after I have been awarded it I'm going to get my appointee annulled and then disengage from LD services. I have a CTO renewal in September, they will renew my CTO for another year. I wish to use my benefits and purchase a ticket to India from August to October this bypassing the CTO process and them being unable to renew it this making me free from forced injections every month against my will. That is my rationale for being awarded the exempt criteria. I will not have to worry about benefits after then and won't need to engage with support services.
    If you were successful in doing this, then you would need to cancel your ESA claim while you're in India. It can only be paid for up to 28 days if you're on holiday.
  • Danday
    Danday Posts: 436 Forumite
    The decision is made on the basis of treatment currently available in the NHS. If it was based on treatment that may be available in the future then no one would qualify. It's worth reading through the examples given by the DWP, mental health conditions are covered there.

In the OP's case I suspect they are still relatively young, so there may be a prospect of their condition becoming more manageable and there may be medications and treatments not yet tried. Or not. If they were 50 and had been ill for thirty years I'd expect them to be placed in the exempt group.

Hi, can I possibly ask you a question on what you have said as you seem a very knowledgeble person. It probably is different from ESA to PIP, but for PIP I have always been told that the DWP have to consider possible new treatment in the future when working out the length of award. They did this to me before saying that 'things might improve in the future, who knows what may happen with treatment then'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure