cancel a ryanair flight

Comments

• Saint_Chris
    Saint_Chris Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Rang up and got them changed.

played dumb and said that i'd been told that it was only £7 to change details, to which i was told yes if you ring within 2 hours of booking. (I made £7 up):rolleyes:

I said i booked last night how could i have changed the flights then. Only to be told i should have rung this morning. Told lady i did and was on hold for 30 mins and couldn't wait that much longer.

Result was change of flight, paid the difference in price plus £7 for a change.

So in the end i got a good result.

Thanks Ryanair
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Excellent news, and good to know about the £7 charge if within two hours of booking! x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • how do i contact them to cancel flight, i messed up flight dates and it was to expensive to change dates, so i just want to cancel
  • droopsnout wrote: »
    They don't cancel bookings now.

I messed up a booking for wife and self, by entering my first name for both of us. I couldn't cancel and it costs £70 to change a name. It was far cheaper to abandon the booking for the wife and to make another booking just for her.

It's stupid. That's a seat lost when someone else could have used it. And Ryanair won't make anything extra like on coffees from an empty seat.

They should have only charged you £7.00 for that, accidents happen on the net. It's happened to me a couple of times because I have form filler on my pc, and they charged me £7 each time.
  • > They should have only charged you £7.00 for that

How so Beverley? http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/conditions.php?pos=MYFLIGHT says:
    A passenger name can be changed online at the rate of £80/€100 or via the airport or reservation centre at the rate of £120/€150.
  • They should have only charged you £7.00 for that, accidents happen on the net. It's happened to me a couple of times because I have form filler on my pc, and they charged me £7 each time.

so if i just write wrong letter in my surname they shod charge only 7£ and I need to say it's my computer fault .. what can I do .. :) ?!
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    so if i just write wrong letter in my surname they shod charge only 7£ and I need to say it's my computer fault .. what can I do .. :) ?!

No, you need to admit it was your fault - your computer would not type one incorrect letter! Call Ryanair and explain the problem, if you call quickly enough they may allow you to change the letter for £10.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • dmg24 wrote: »
    No, you need to admit it was your fault - your computer would not type one incorrect letter! Call Ryanair and explain the problem, if you call quickly enough they may allow you to change the letter for £10.

I order ticket at Saturday evening, I hope it's will be o.k. If i call them at Monday morning, because ... for witch one number you call? for priority or normal one ? and how long to need de on line whit them while they do then changes .. anyway thank you for yours help ..
  • ryanair sent me an email earlier today to tell me they have changed mine & my 16 yr old's sons inbound flight by 5 hours earlier plus they have also changed our outbound flight by 11 hours earlier. can we cancel the flight & reclaim back as now this flight is totally unacceptable or helpfull to us, even though we dont travel untill june?
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    edited 13 April 2012 at 8:39AM

The best idea is for everyone to learn to spell their own name at an early age. Difficult words can wait, but your own name!!!!

http://www.thestartupwife.co.uk/2012/02/learning-to-write.html

Can we move on the the questions about how do we all sit together and my bag is too big will they charge me for being so stupid?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure