Utility Warehouse (Telecom Plus) Discussion

Comments

• xbrenx
    xbrenx Posts: 962 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Cardew wrote: »

It would be a great service to those current UW customers if they realised this and followed your very own example and left UW when(through reading this thread) you realised just how much you would save by moving away from UW - to EDF wasn't it?

So why, when EDF stop me in the street and I mention I'm a UW customer, do they back off, knowing full well they cannot compete?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    If you want to pay considerably less for your gas and electricity, then have a look at any comparison site and see how much you'd save by switching! EDF may not be the cheapest, but they will certainly be far cheaper than uw, and the exercise will show you how much you are being taken for by uw over their high energy prices.
  • jellygoodfellow
    jellygoodfellow Posts: 209 Forumite
    edited 27 June 2010 at 4:14AM
    xbrenx wrote: »
    So why, when EDF stop me in the street and I mention I'm a UW customer, do they back off, knowing full well they cannot compete?

I notice you have been plugging UW in recent posts let me guess your a distributor,or you get discounts for signing people up.:)
  • Quentin wrote: »
    If you want to pay considerably less for your gas and electricity, then have a look at any comparison site and see how much you'd save by switching! EDF may not be the cheapest, but they will certainly be far cheaper than uw, and the exercise will show you how much you are being taken for by uw over their high energy prices.

Another point worth taking into account is their Customer Service No is a semi premium rate 0844 number which can cost an arm a leg to call.:mad:
  • xbrenx
    I notice you have been plugging UW in recent posts let me guess your a distributor,or you get discounts for signing people up.:)

Guessed wrong, just a satisfied customer
    :rotfl:
  • jellygoodfellow
    jellygoodfellow Posts: 209 Forumite
    edited 27 June 2010 at 9:41AM

Customer,s get discounts off their bill for promoting the service.:)

https://www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk/clubhouse/discountplan.taf
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 27 June 2010 at 10:17AM

In that case why do you use the pm system to contact posters regarding uw? (Or are you just taking a leaf out of Keggs - (the uw rep who regularly tells us he'll never return) - modus operandi - he got publicly scolded by a colleague from uw for continually coming and posting here, and "explained" his only reason for coming here is he uses the pm system here for recruiting (totally against MSE rules!)
  • xbrenx
    Quentin wrote: »
    In that case why do you use the pm system to contact posters regarding uw? (Or are you just taking a leaf out of Keggs - (the uw rep who regularly tells us he'll never return) - modus operandi - he got publicly scolded by a colleague from uw for continually coming and posting here, and "explained" his only reason for coming here is he uses the pm system here for recruiting (totally against MSE rules!)

Too funny, I don't need to justify myself to you. Stop being so bitter and twisted and get yourself a life
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Too funny, I don't need to justify myself to you. Stop being so bitter and twisted and get yourself a life

Somebody can't read his own signature.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler

Not only can EDF(and every other of the major Utility companies) 'compete' they are for the average customer hundreds of pounds a year cheaper!

I would think the more likely reason is that anyone who admits to being a UW gas and electricity customer will not be persuaded by any form of financial logic!

Or be one of the 30,000 salesmen/commission earners plying on the finacially gullible! - family, friends etc.

Amazing how many people professing not to be UW salesmen post time and again on MSE and all over the internet.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback