The "Save 12k in 2016" Thread!

Comments

• Hello SF. Can I join again please? £10,000 is the target, going to be a real challenge but we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for setting up these, I like to compare myself to others to ensure i'm not lagging behind
    Earn, Save and Achieve
  • Hi, I would love to take part. Could you please put me down for 15k.
  • Phaelok
    Phaelok Posts: 127 Forumite
    Please put me down for £15,000.

It's ambitious but I will go for it!!
  • Spreadsheet updated :)

Please make a note of your challenger number (see spreadsheet or first post) and put it in your sig - it makes it so much easier to update the spreadsheet! :)
    Hmm, I don't seem to be able to update my sig. Is it because I am pretty new? Will need to get some more posts in then. :D
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • D'oh! I was looking in the wrong place! Just ignore me. :D
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • Please put me down again for the 2016 thread - target of £25000 please.
    I was just wondering the other day when you might setup the new thread, SF, and you've snuck it in when I wasn't looking! Thanks so much for continuing to run the threads for us all...makes a massive difference to see so many others doing so well.
    Save 12k in 2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019-2020-2021-2022 - then early-retired.
  • Cweb
    Cweb Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'll jump aboard again next year - I'm quite surprised at what I thought was a tough target I've nearly saved double!! No way was that possible without this thread - ta SF!!

I'll go for the full £12k as things are likely to change part way through the year knocking down what I can stash aside.
  • jacci45
    jacci45 Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    Hi SF, thanks for doing this again, can you put me down for £12000?
    Hope you and your little one are keeping well. x
  • kev2009
    kev2009 Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hi,

Would love to join this again, could you put me down for £6000 please? Have some changes so don't think I can do any better than this next year i'm afraid.

Thanks!

Kev
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 November 2015 at 8:52PM
    Could I join again please. I'm number 66 in the 2015 thread.
    I haven't worked out my target yet but will let you know ASAP

ETA - I am going to motivate myself by including everything this year so my target is £28000.

This is a combination of pensions, ISAs and regular savers.

Thanks SF
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family