Add your feedback on Mobile Recycler Envirofone

Options

Comments

• finnr
    Options
    The price for my iPhone 3G 16GB wasn't market leading but the terms and conditions for Envirofone and the feedback I read seemed the best compromise. I chose cash instead of Argos vouchers.

2010/08/05, ordered
    2010/08/08, received an email saying that I had qualified for Collect+. This saved me the postage fee.
    2010/08/09, sent using Collect+ at a local petrol station
    2010/08/12, received email saying "We have now tested the mobile phone you sent to Envirofone and are delighted to let you know that it has passed successfully, meeting all our terms and conditions."
    2010/07/17, full quoted payment received via BACS transfer
  • casterweb
    casterweb Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Sent a good 2 year old WORKING phone to Envirofone. Received an email telling me that the phone was damaged and offering me a new much lower price.

I bubble wrapped the phone before placing it in their jiffy bag so unless someone has stamped on the jiffy bag I cannot see how it has become damaged.

I've asked for the phone to be returned.

(quite a few people on this thread with only 1 post praising this lot???)
  • miss_jones28
    Options
    Can i say i wasnt sure at all about sending my old phone Nokia 5800... But i sent it and crossed my fingers.... and with in a fue days i had payment in to my paypal account... The company emailed me every stage of the way...

Very inpressed and will use them again..

xx
  • joffan180
    Options
    I've never used one of these companies before, so after much checking and reading of feedback on various companies, I decided to send my old Nokia N70 off to Envirofone. I filled in the details on November 22, the padded envelope arrived on November 24, I finally got down to town to post it away to Envirofone on November 27, didn't pay to send it recorded or anything, just the Freepost address (see note below). I had confirmation that the phone had been recieved on December 1, and that it was now going to be put through their system to make sure it met their T&C's. The very same day, December 1, I had a confirmation Email that my phone had passed the tests and the full payment of £23.03 would be made to my Paypal account shortly. I couldn't believe it when I recieved an Email today December 2 telling me that my Paypal account had been credited £23.03 by Envirofone! My first impression of this company is absolutely fantastic! Faultless!
    Re the note on recorded delivery. When I took my phone in its padded envelope to my main post office, and requested to send it recorded delivery, I was told it would cost me over £3 to send it first class or over £2 to send it 2nd class. I said no no I've read up on it, people have been paying 70 or 80p to send these packages by recorded delivery. He said you can't do that, if you want to send it recorded, it nullifies the freepost. Has anyone else had this problem?
  • hebburnlad
    Options
    I used this company just before Christmas 2010. The pre paid envelope arrived on Christmas eve, so I sent the phone by recorded delivery the following Wednesday. Two days later the cash was in my account. Emails kept me informed at each stage of the process. This is an example of how to deliver superb customer service.
  • darymave
    darymave Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I have just used envirofone for the first time this week and I am well impressed, sent my three phones off by special royal mail delivery,recieved an email the next day to say they had recieved them and tested them and that they had passed there taesting so would be sending a cheque within the next couple of days, recieved my cheque this morning for the full amount all within a week.
    I dont think it gets much better than that.
    Well done Envirofone.

Very Happy. :j :T :rotfl: :beer:cheers
  • Tigggger
    Options
    I've used Envirfone in the past with no problems at all.

However I always use a unique email when dealing with companies and just recently have started receiving lots of spam email to the address I used with them

So they are either a) selling email addresses or b) have an insecure system

Either way won't be using them again.
  • Thriftyme
    Options
    Agreed sale of my Nokia 5800 on 3/1/11. Full payment of agreed amount in the bank by 11/1/11. With a weekend in between. No hesitation in recommending.
  • emeraldbugle
    emeraldbugle Posts: 1,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sent Nokia yesterday by Special Delivery, received email today saying it had passed, money on its way to my bank.
  • Karman
    Options
    Hi Sent my nokia 6300 off to envirofone as they were the highest offer of £37.50had read the feedback and seemed mainly positive. Phone was working fine but battery would not hold charge so got a cheao phone instead of a battery. Anyway fast service in sendng bag sent phone off got a text sayinbg urgent repsonse needed to accept new offer or will send new amount. Logged onto site to be informed my phone had an LCD fault and my new offer was £5.64 understandably not impressed have cancelled the transaction as a broken phone on others sites is still worth more than there offer so phone is being returned not holding breath as to how long it will take. Very disappointed as was hoping to get what they offered and use it to pay off credit card never mind. P.s I am genuine as saw a post that wonders how many are
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure