Add your feedback on Mobile Recycler Envirofone

Former_MSE_Archna
Former_MSE_Archna Posts: 1,903 Forumite
First Post
edited 11 January 2011 at 8:14PM in Mobiles
This thread has been running a long time. Please see the latest feedback at the end of this thread, not the top

This is a feedback thread on old mobile buying firm

Envirofone

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part

• Was it fast and efficient?
  • Did you get your cash promptly?
  • Did you have any problems?
  • Did it pay what it said it would?
The feedback comes as part of the

articlealert.gif

Comments

• joyjoy5
    joyjoy5 Posts: 36 Forumite
    How can this company have good feedback when there are no comments in this thread? I don't understand?
  • Butlers1982
    Butlers1982 Posts: 3,286 Forumite
    How can this company have good feedback when there are no comments in this thread? I don't understand?

Erm, its a new thread!!!
  • jedeye
    jedeye Posts: 103 Forumite
    First feedback then.

I´ve probably sold about 4 mobiles with Envirofone and every time they have given the amount stated on their website (even though sometimes I thought I wouldn´t or shouldn´t get the full amount).

I´ve always gone for payment in Argos ´vouchers´ and as far as I can remember it´s been paid promptly without any need to chase them up. They kept in touch via emails to say they have received the phone etc.

I think their prices have become a bit squeezed these days in what they are willing to pay, but I would defo use them again.

jedeye
  • dreamypuma
    dreamypuma Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've been using Enviofone for the past 4-5 years now. They have been brilliant.

Good rates, fast turn around, never lost a phone, and prompt payout. Before anyone harps on about being able to get more cash for your phones on ebay. This may be true on higher end phones, but on lower value phones, ebay just isn't worth the hassle.

I use envirofone for mid value phones. High end I'll sell privately, mid-range envirofone, low value Tesco recycling.
    My farts hospitalize small children :o
  • hotkee
    hotkee Posts: 505 Forumite
    Well I used envirofone last aug or sep 2008 first and only time thus far.

I placed my phone order to sell on their site - got the paperwork to send the phone in - sent it in and within I think 14 days I was paid the amount due.

Now April 2009, I am flogging my n95 8gig - so thought of using envirofone again but found another site paying a fiver more so I am going with the other site (mazumamobile) - see what they are like - expecting their paperwork next week and quids in :-)
  • I have used this comapny 6 or 7 times and just sold one and got cheque today. Total turn around time from checking their website to receipt of cheque = 2 weeks. They have always paid exactly what they said and never lost on of my phones. Excellent and I will continue to use even if others give a few % more.
  • acuteera
    acuteera Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 25 September 2009 at 1:16PM
    Sent phone last week, took a couple of days for them to acknowledge receipt and only then to tell me that there's a fault (hm..). Instructed them to return the phone and I'm still waiting for it to be returned.

A friend sent a phone around the same time only for them to be told the same, faulty. I'm not too sure about this crowd they seem to be very, very picky compared to others.

Still waiting.

Forgot to update this post, the phone eventually arrived back (Recorded Delivery) and did indeed have the fault described - how I missed it I don't know.
  • Used them and fairly quick turnaround, cashback tracked on Quidco too
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • The whole thing was 'okay' but took around a month to get the cheque from them.

The testing/processing took two weeks, the outer cover of the G1 I sent had a crack and the price was halfed (even tho a spare back cover could be bought for pennies im sure).

When I took the cheque to my bank (the RBS) they said 10 working days.

So if you're selling your phone to make a quick buck forget using envirofone.
  • Just reached the "end" of the envirofone process today, ie. I received my cheque! I was very impressed with the speedy service and updates.

I sent my Nokia N95 8GB to them last Tuesday 10/11 (worth just over £112 in cash - have upgraded to an iPhone which cost me £87 for the handset so my Envirofone cheque covered it with £25 to spare, waheey! :D ) in the freepost envelope they sent me - which also arrived quickly. I paid 75p to ensure Recorded Delivery (should have really sent it Special due to the phone's worth, but I took a risk to cut costs and luckily it paid off!) and the freepost sticker courtesy of EF took care of the rest.

Received an email Thursday evening, 12/11, confirming my phone had been tested and that they would be paying the full amount, details about payment dispatch to follow. Next email received Saturday 14/11 confirming my payment had been dispatched. Received this morning, Monday 16/11 and promptly paid into my bank account at lunchtime!

A 6 calendar day turnaround from dropping the phone in at the PO, 2 email updates and a cheque for £112, I'm a very happy lady! This is the first time I have used a mobile phone recycling service, I found it to be simple and stress free, would definitely recommend Envirofone to other mobile phone traders. I could've gotten an extra £3 for my phone had I used an alternative web based phone buying service, but my instincts told me to visit Envirofone, am I'm very glad that I did! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure