so........ the advents

im organised this year, ive been through the advent thread and put the ones that look worth entering into a folder on my bookmarks bar

i have 35 in there

for those that have some saved how many you got?

are you all set?

looking forward to it?

got the dark room where you will sit rocking back and forth sorted? :rotfl:

is it me or does there not look like many advents this year :eek: or is it just because ive done them before lol

Comments

• Completely disorganised still doing november end comps! Really looking forward to the advents though. Even though I've not long joined mse did the advents off here last year, and had 2 really nice wins.

All good fun though good luck eberyone!:beer:
  • wotsit78 wrote: »
    Completely disorganised still doing november end comps! Really looking forward to the advents though. Even though I've not long joined mse did the advents off here last year, and had 2 really nice wins.

All good fun though good luck eberyone!:beer:

oh it is good fun and at least it keeps us all out of mischief lol
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I haven't really though about advents! (am getting a free popping candy sweety one from Ocado, I guess they have some left over, spotted in time!)

I won on one about 9 years ago after I got a contract mobile phone!! Samsung £50, it took a few months to get the cheque!

Last year I did probably about 6 daily.
  • jewels84
    jewels84 Posts: 244 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I'm looking forward to it actually....is that sad?..its my first advent extravaganza so I'll say it's beginners excitement ;)

I was actually thinking a few days ago that there wasn't that many advents posted, despite the stress/madness :eek: eluded to in others' posts about last years. What a newbie mistake!..there's been quite a few posted in the past day or so and im now eating my words :rotfl:

I've got about 24 bookmarked so far which is manageable..i think :D
    But i haven't taken account of other things like Christmas shopping, impending Jury Duty, work, real life..you know the small things :rotfl::rotfl:
    Wine is made to be drunk, I am drunk, therefore am I wine?
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    I think there will be a massive increase in how many there are today and tomorrow morning. I have a few bookmarked in a folder but i didn't do many last year and probably won't this year. I will just wait and see how i get on
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • As I recall from last year, which ws my first year doing advents, they continue to be added to the thread pretty much up to Christmas day, so even if it seems manageable at first....

The trick for me is to spot the ones which are worth entering in terms of prize offered and time taken and stick to those. I seem to remember a number that only offered a prize every few days and the rest of the time just gave you a 10% off voucher or similar. I dropped these pretty fast.
  • I've got my folders all ready to fill and I've set aside all tomorrow morning for sorting through them and seeing which I'll save.

Really looking forward to getting started :D

Good luck all x

May you all have lots of luck, Emma xx
  • LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I don't save them in my bookmarks. I just go through the thread each day because I know that some advents will have a different answer each day so I just find it easier to manage it. :p

I'll be able to do the 1st and 2nd. Not sure about after that as having baby on Monday via C-Section so will be in hospital for a couple of days and then will be exhausted when I come out, but I'll try and fit in as many as possible. :p
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • When I get home tonight I think I'll try and sort some into a folder to start tomorrow.

Sadly not had any luck yet despite entering many comps but I guess I can't give up just yet!! I enjoy it but hubby thinks its a waste of time!!!
  • emiai
    emiai Posts: 1,253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker
    I have 4 folders of them so far, no idea how many is in each. I delete them and move them as I go.

Blogs / Answers / Clicks / Socials.

Dreading it this year, theres going to be hundreds!!
    Wishing you all good luck!
    Oldstyle moneysaving addict
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family