Former_MSE_Wendy
Former_MSE_Wendy Posts: 929 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! PPI Party Pooper Best Buy Bear
edited 17 April 2012 at 2:08PM in Insurance & life assurance
articlealert.gif
This discussion is specifically for you to feedback on
Confused's Insurance Comparison

Please first read the
Click 'post reply' to have your say and let us know if it's about home or car cover

To discuss other issues please use one of the following:

Car Insurance
Home Insurance Feedback

*** Get the Martin's Money Tips Free E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips ***

Comments

• Been trying since THURSDAY (August 7th) to get onto Confused's website. Times out every time. What's the problem? Don't they want any business?
    The other websites work fine, so it's not a problem with my browser or firewall. It just seems that Confused's technology isn't up to much.

So I'm off to Tesco's website.
  • I wouldnt even bother with confused, they quoted me extortion price.
  • I had used Confused.com recently for car insurance was disappointed to find out that a mark was placed on my credit file just for searching for the cheapest insurance, this was done by RBS on behalf of UKI Partnership. I only managed to find this out since I got membership with Experian else I would not have known.

I created a thread on this forum about this and someone from confused.com had responded. So believe in terms of service they are quite good and I did use them quite regularly. I have found on some instances when you go to the particualr insurance directly it sometimes comes back with a cheaper quote compared to confused.com.

Little worried to use them now for everything in case a search is put on everytime I am looking for a particular insurance. Don't mind the unrecorded enquirys but the one occured on my file would count as a search of my report.
  • elfreako
    elfreako Posts: 19 Forumite
    darkcloudi wrote: »
    I had used Confused.com recently for car insurance was disappointed to find out that a mark was placed on my credit file just for searching for the cheapest insurance, this was done by RBS on behalf of UKI Partnership. I only managed to find this out since I got membership with Experian else I would not have known.

I created a thread on this forum about this and someone from confused.com had responded. So believe in terms of service they are quite good and I did use them quite regularly. I have found on some instances when you go to the particualr insurance directly it sometimes comes back with a cheaper quote compared to confused.com.

Little worried to use them now for everything in case a search is put on everytime I am looking for a particular insurance. Don't mind the unrecorded enquirys but the one occured on my file would count as a search of my report.

Do all insurance companies do this?
  • darkcloudi
    darkcloudi Posts: 567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    elfreako wrote: »
    Do all insurance companies do this?

i know More Than do as they are part of Royal and Sun Alliance although with them it appears as Unrecorded Enquiry, which doesn't count as a search.
  • I used Confused to get my car quote and the website worked fine. I did read their T&C's first and they confirm that there may be a credit check involved. I had ample opportunity to back out before the credit check was done and I had to tick a box to say that I had read the T&C's and was happy with them first.

The best price on their website was NU, so I went direct to NU via Quidco and got £52 cashback. Net result: reduced premium from £360 last year to £250 this year.
    In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
    The late, great, Douglas Adams.
  • MoneySupermarket is cheapest for me so far, then confused. Saving of £50 with M&S over my current insurers Budget with exactly the same benefits and the quoted price includes everything. By paying an extra £8 I can reduce my excess from £250 down to £100. Gonna see if I can get any cashback deals now and see if I can reduce it any further. I'm over 50 and the likes of Saga have failed to come up with a better deal than other companies.
  • After linking through to M&S I checked that all the correct answers had been transferred across before I went ahead. No cashback gimmicks like other insurers just an upfront quote with everything included, it's up to you then remove anything you don't require.
  • Tried confused for home insurance. Site easy to use and saved £250 on quote price against direct line, who I've used for 12 years. This meant I could pay it in one payment, saving £41 on installments. The test of the pudding is in the eating though. I stuck with DL becasue they were very good when it came to claiming. I'm now with homeinsureltd which confused apparently has close links with. Fingers crossed I don't have to use them!
  • movilogo
    movilogo Posts: 3,186 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Confused.com is owned by Admiral group. So, their comparison will favor companies in that group.
    Happiness is buying an item and then not checking its price after a month to discover it was reduced further.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure