Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• Hi ,
    Has this happen to ant on e else got a mortgage from halifax with my husband had house valuation got solicitors working on it nearly ready to complete when we got a call saying that they could no longer give us money for home improvements just to buy the house he said that this is because my credit rate has gone from a to c i can only think that this is because of a late payment my question is would it be worth appealing to the underwriting to change there mind .

many thanks .
  • Nationwide have said that the rate we applied for finished on the day we applied for it (on the 28th oct) an so we need a change of conditions form through our broker. They also said that a single digit of the postcode was wrong for our solicitor (on the application form) and so they need a change of conditions form for that too. They've received te survey which was done on Tuesday but no ones looked at it. Our broker has contacted the BDM to try an escalate it. They are currently saying another 4 working days for someone to look at these changes. I'm sure they'll then request something else!
  • I decided to come on here and post my positive experience with Nationwide Mortgage and Countrywide conveyancing.

We applied for a Mortgage with nationwide online on Friday 7th November around 8pm. We just had to fill in forms ourself no mortgage meetings or interviews.

Sent the documents off via fax from my local branch. Survey and valuation booked in for 18th November. 19th November told Valuation matched what I asked for and I would get a decision within a week. 24 hours later which was 13 days from application, We received a formal mortgage offer.

Really impressed with their fast work considering all I had read.

Same with countrywide. Saw the countless threads about how poor they are and to avoid. We were tied in by time I had seen them and also we are on a time limit, vendor (of a no chain) wants exchange of contracts by 10th December with view to be in by Xmas. They have been really on the ball. Yes I paid £200 extra for access to solicitor who heads up our case rather than their normal team of people who do it. We have one lady who has a team working for her so everythings been done quickly.

Touch wood everythings on track for the 10th.

Been very mad considering we decided to move forward moving only on the 2th November and viewed the first house on the 3rd. Whirlwind would be a correct term I reckon but then when you see your dream house you dont hang about.
  • Waiting suuuuucks.
    Museum worker who'd rather be in the garden.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    ^^^^ feel your pain ^^^^
  • samo8076
    samo8076 Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Waiting on an offer from Aldermore.

Had a DIP start of last week
    Valuation was carried out Friday
    Hoping to hear something this week

I have everything crossed, as this is the 2nd house I am trying to buy (1st one I was outbid on day of exchange). Have been turned down by Halifax and the Mansfield for mortgages on the new property, so according to my broker, Aldermore are the last chance of me getting a 95% mortgage.
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    good luck everyone, i was sat in your exact positions this time last year.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • Yesterday we received our searches from our solicitor and some documents explaining contents, as well as previous receipts for work done on the house, servicing reports and guarantees.
    Today the broker told me that the latest update is that they've looked at everything and it's all fine and now the case has gone to be offered, this will take a few days and has to go through their systems :j:j:j. What exactly are their systems?? Can't they just give me an offer? Might be a bit too simplistic there!

I should be happy but I'm still a little twitchy. I know the survey was fine as I had a paper copy but Nationwide have taken ages. I've not had any alerts through the whole process as it was a paper application, but apparently they haven't officially changed it on the online system.

Fingers crossed there are no hiccups!

Is it likely we'll be in before Christmas if that's what the sellers want to? I know they're moving into an empty house and we're renting. I know they were desperate to move quickly! Woops!
    Xx
  • Our offer is subject to final checks and valuation, does anyone know what these final checks are?
  • oli_ro
    oli_ro Posts: 142 Forumite
    29/10/14 FMA
    30/10/14 Text confirming survey scheduled on 03/11/14
    03/11/14 Survey
    05/11/14 Text telling me survey was ok
    07/11/14 Extra information provided to NW re wife's employment
    Back in the queue
    10/11/14 Another documented requested and provided
    Back in the queue
    12/11/13 Yet another document requested and provided
    Back in the queue
    18/11/13 Employment questioned and more enquiries raised with the broker. (I am an IT Umbrella Contractor). I don't even know what possible can they require as I have given all the documents under the sun and according to their own criteria, the employment should be ok.
    27/11/13 Mortgage offered. It would have been much harder(if not impossible) without the brokers.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback