IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

TNC Parking Services and TNC Collections

Comments

• So we'll be recieving letters for a "debt" that isn't even ours? What we don't want to do is give them any ammo to enforce the parking invoice.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    They by the looks of things have made a mistake with this, so will correct it on their next letter trying to get money off you for parking. The reason I say complain to the oft is because they have broken the debt collecting rules

http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/legal-powers/legal/cca/debt-collection
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Are these connected? At first glance, this nonsensical Eden Springs thing seems totally unconnected.

EDIT: The reason I ask is that it might be worth telling TNC that the debt is disputed because if Eden Springs have a genuine claim against someone something (not this parking nonsense), then it might need to be nipped in the bud

Hi Halibut

Thanks for this info. How do we go about advising that this debt it disputed without them trying to wrangle out the parking fine too?

With regards to the OFT, it looks like I can complain to them, though it seems to be that I need to contact the CAB if I want to take up a dispute against them.
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Not to worry he is being retrained next week he will correct it then!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSS1IWGCMI0rWEhAFnNLrBsj4VG0hxLIDB98MzrADQw9cYz6Uj_
  • I was thinking I might see if they follow up the Eden Springs thing or not. I was actually surprised they could get it wrong, is this not all automated?
  • esmerobbo
    I was thinking I might see if they follow up the Eden Springs thing or not. I was actually surprised they could get it wrong, is this not all automated?

They normally have a reference number on them are they the same on both letters?
  • Blank_space
    Blank_space Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 29 January 2013 at 1:55PM
    Nope, different reference numbers.

I am now just a little concerned that they will chase her for debt that has absolutely nothing to do with her.
  • esmerobbo
    Nope, different reference numbers.

I am now just a little concerned that they will chase her for debt that has absolutely nothing to do with her.

I would not worry too much PPC demands are a fishing exercise, they give up after a few letters. I would imagine they would realise their mistake before taking any action on a debt that is not her's!
  • Ok, well if they ever got so far as to taking her to court about it they'd never win since there is absolutely no link between her and watercoolers (other than her getting a water from one at work i'd imagine)

I would still appreciate people's opinions on what i can do to appeal or complain about this.
  • I've also recently started receiving PCN requests from TCN Parking Services.. probably had 4 or 5 letters from the beginning of September.

Trying to "fine" me for my vehicle being parked within a secure/locked parking yard owned by the garage my vehicle was left with for a few days to get some work done.

I spoke to the garage about it and they said ignore these letters as they have no right which clearly is the case.

I've ignored everything so far but if it continues / gets more frequent would it be worthwhile doing what someone previously did and state the intention to invoice them for any further letters received?

I saw someone on a programme did a similar thing and that seemed to halt the harassment!

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport