PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Have a great holiday DFV!

1. Have opened another monthly savings account, this one only at 2% but still miles better than where it currently is.

2. Had a great weekend, the kitties were very cuddly and cute :) We ate my body weight in pizza and ice cream, naturally bought from MrS rather than a takeaway :)

3. Enjoyed the sunshine with my two favourite people, DD and KW :)

4. KW made us a yummy picnic yesterday for our trip out to bowling, where DD tried hard, I tried even harder, but he was the champion!

5. DD treated us to gelato :) KW treated us to afternoon tea - I'd already bought the bowling ticket and paid for parking, so a fair division of spends.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sunday pleasures,

Capt S and hollow-legged ones set off early to the footie so peace, perfect peace at home.

Warm and sunny late summer day, started off in jeans and sweatshirt but by midday was in a sundress.

Meant to be doing some gardening but the swing seats siren call won out and spent lovely couple of hours reading.

Unusually large gathering of swallows on the old barn opposite, wondered if the cold, wet weather during the week had made them think about migrating.

Freezer dive for supper and what I thought was a portion of strata turned out to be tuna and butter bean bake, must remember to mark up leftovers!
  • No report this weekend as MSE does not like ip6. For the non technical amongst the proletariat, that is software speak of having something that works, we will change it and make it not work.
    PM2DD Just what was the ref thinking. No creel of haddock for him! Please note, it is not acceptable to bribe officials in things so please do not take this that BoP is endorsing such action.

What you missed in your version of the Life of BoP, because of their software inadequacies! See above!

5 Had mega festbreak of Snorker, best back, haricot beans in tom sauce, toms, star cut, poached egg and tatties fried for snorker fest on Saturday morning. Tea was also drunk. Tum was rubbed.

4 Had the net drive fail on Friday, so got new drive of net to store all the photo things of BoP on. Sore Ted. Took all bleeding day so had no time to have a cake or things like that. But managed to grab a wobblade for the evening. As I had made too much proper food a while back, we had chicken curry on Saturday as well, with plain rice, as BoP being too greed with his FestBreak, had run out of eggs! I know. But you cannot beat! Proper foods!

3 On Sunday, BoP made proper fluffy dumplings. BoPsie, a taster of decent foods has rejected every dumpling that BoP has made. I do not know why, but I think she has not eaten proper food before BoP! Again BoP made the mince and tatties. Proper chopped onions, with mince, in pan gravy and a squirt of puree of toms this week. Door stop carrots, steamed broccoli and minted hot buttered new tatties. Fourth and final helping of rhubarb crumble was wolfed down with skinned and lumpy proper custard! Tum was again rubbed vigorously.

2 Got the holder of the bog roll and towels for the bathroom, and screw things. Only to find the screw things not right. So now I have two holes with pins in on the wall and no bog roll holder at present. This will not last as the week goes, but will be sore ted by next Saturday! Keep your eyes peeled about this.

Some of the sky blue ginger canaries are upset. Their coloured version has forgot about the green canary
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,564 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Bop - town of horse, live report< emporium carpark.
    &mob. just rcvd Mse msg, thanking & 'for reporting this as spam'. Innocent. Mob not on!!! and it's your post which is in shadow beneath. How does that work???
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. DD cheering me up when I am feeling blue. Love my baby girl, and am amazed at how mature she is.

2. Put £2 into savings fund.

3. Car had its service and the grand sum of £1.52 was lopped off the bill "for cash" :)

4. Feeling loved

5. Have done a bit of planning for next year, it still feels like an insurmountable mountain to climb, but I can half cross through something on my list ;)
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hello from home.

Pleasures since saturday

1. Home
    2. MiL was Not Too Bad
    3. Went to see my beautiful, plump and smiley great nephew
    4. Sat outside and had a bbq last night and celebrated National Prosecco Day
    5. had a catch up coffee with friends.

Have a good night all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • 1) The holiday of a lifetime for the past 11 days and being back home again mid afternoon. We left the hotel at 4.30 this morning!!!!!

2) Waterfalls, climbing up them, standing beside them in the spray watching rainbows form, the crashing roaring noise of them and in one spectacular case walking behind and underneath them and taking photos!

3) Geothermal areas with geysirs, roaring steam belching, very smelly fumeroles coated with sulphur deposits and mineral pools of wonderful warm water to relax and float in in the very chilly wind straight from the arctic.

4) Mountains, climbing to the tops along the paths, covered in beautiful alpine flowers, heather, cranesbill geraniums, nodding cerulean blue hare bells, forests of wild angelica, stunted birches and wonderful woolly willows, blueberries and crowberries and tiny saxifrage type clumps of white beauty which we never did find out what they were.

5) Going whale watching on an ex whaler tub on the first day the sea was not too rough to try to. It was an interesting ride and they thought we might only make it to the harbour mouth! but we didn't have to turn back and it was mightily rough with the boat actually dropping into the troughs in the waves with a mighty crunch and rolling side to side so we all had to hand on for grim death. However, we did see the most magnificent Humpback Whale up close and personal and he came back to the surface 3 times to blow, breathe and dive again with a sweep of his mighty fluke tail, would have been worth being out in seas 10 times as big for that, magical moment of all time!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,154 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Bop - we drove past Perranporth on Friday!
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hmmm I've lost 2 posts now...argh all is well:rotfl:
  • Frith wrote: »
    Bop - we drove past Perranporth on Friday!
    Bloody miles away from where I get off the Big Warster train!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback