HMRC Self Assessment Repayments 2016

Comments

• mason2506
    mason2506 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Mine has changed today from Bank Repayment Pending to Payment complete today , on 17th, so I expect it in my bank tomorrow. They did tell me by 24th May so it is early I guess. Good Luck everyone, see you all next year :)
  • eoinm92
    eoinm92 Posts: 4 Newbie
    I just got off the phone now. So, I submitted my return on the 14th of April, it was sent for security checks on the 20th of April, and she tells me the window for that is four weeks. So, if I were to follow the guide time frame, they should contact me by tomorrow. But even then that's not to say that it will be released, they'll probably tell me there's a 6-month waiting period or something... :-P As I am aware, a lot of you had submitted your returns on the 6th or 7th of April. Do any of you have experience with the security checks and how long it takes for them to get back to you and let you know what's next?
  • jj09
    jj09 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Still pending from the 6th, despite the security team ringing me last Monday to say the payment had been released 😐
  • whizzo1231
    whizzo1231 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Mines gone from payment pending to bank payment and todays date anyone no what this means
  • eoinm92
    eoinm92 Posts: 4 Newbie
    From what other people have said on here, that seems to mean they've made the payment and it should be with you soon enough. Though there are people far more knowledgeable than I on this forum so don't take my word for it. Hopefully you get it by next week :-)
  • whizzo1231
    whizzo1231 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Cheers pal,only been waiting five weeks
  • chalkeyav
    chalkeyav Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    How do you find out if your repayments been selected for a security check? Do they send you a letter or is there a page online that you can check?
  • Fowler201084
    Fowler201084 Posts: 23 Forumite
    chalkeyav wrote: »
    How do you find out if your repayments been selected for a security check? Do they send you a letter or is there a page online that you can check?

The only way to find out is to call them, they don't actually contact you to tell you which causes more of an inconvenience. If they actually let you know and explained that they were carrying out the checks and give you a date then it wouldn't be so frustrating. Give them a call and ask for an update and ask if yours has gone for security checks

You can check the status of your repayment online on your account
  • Has anyone actually ever been investigated??? Just a random question ha I submitted mine on the 21st and only just received a "payment issued" on my account hoping I get my money tomorrow so I can get on that big bird and have some beers in the sun . See you all next years guys for the same kick off haha
  • Has anyone actually ever been investigated??? Just a random question ha I submitted mine on the 21st and only just received a "payment issued" on my account hoping I get my money tomorrow so I can get on that big bird and have some beers in the sun . See you all next years guys for the same kick off haha

I did 2 years ago, wasn't a pleasant experience no warning whatsoever ever. I only ever put through exactly what I have receipts for now and declare all cash, I ended up paying a lot back, I'm only small fry as well, back then I was earning 20k a year if that labouring, I know a lot of people who have been in the same boat. Chances are you will get pulled up at some point, just try not to take the !!!! too much it's all good getting bumper repayments, a killer when you have to give it all back, and they don't settle for £20 a week they take you to the cleaners, I had to borrow the money to pay back everything ASAP no messing including cost of investigation and fines ect
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback