Dacia Logan

1235»

Comments

• iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    I have had my new Logan for about 7 weeks and there has been no issues so far

Your DPF issues will take longer than 7 weeks to appear, but on 6000 miles a year with a diesel fitted with DPF you can be almost certain of expensive trouble ahead. I hope you give it an 'Italian tune-up' from time to time.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • iolanthe07 wrote: »
    I have had my new Logan for about 7 weeks and there has been no issues so far

Your DPF issues will take longer than 7 weeks to appear, but on 6000 miles a year with a diesel fitted with DPF you can be almost certain of expensive trouble ahead. I hope you give it an 'Italian tune-up' from time to time.
    Those issues should be covered by the 3 year warranty though?
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    Those issues should be covered by the 3 year warranty though?

Possibly. You'd have to read what is covered by the warranty - it may not include blocked DPFs, and what happens after three years? Why can't Dacia offer 5 or 7 year warranties (as Hyundai, Honda, Kia etc.)?
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • gabitzul
    gabitzul Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    iolanthe07 wrote: »
    Why can't Dacia offer 5 or 7 year warranties (as Hyundai, Honda, Kia etc.)?

They do. http://www.dacia.co.uk/services-and-finance/warranty/

But before signing on the dotted line the usual fine print reading obviously needs to happen...
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    That's the first year gone of my Logan and no complaints from me, avergaing 60mpg for all driving and although I have only done 3000 miles in the first year, this is due to me walking more rather than I expected to since I got my dog as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure