Can i watch Sky in another room (without getting multi room or putting a new lead in)

Comments

• Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    tonyhague wrote: »
    you would need a quad LNB, more cables, a card and a sub to sky to use the pvr features

Any idea how much this would cost? What is pvr features? :confused::o
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Quad LNB ...about a tenner from eBay, cable, clips and " f " connections about the same, the another tenner a month to Sky.

PVR = Recording mode.
  • D.K.
    D.K. Posts: 596 Forumite
    Gadget? Just get a Velux for upstairs.
  • I got a Sender from Tesco.

Works a treat and you can also use the remote to change channels.
  • another hi-jack i'm afraid.

Have just but the medion one from aldi, seems to do the job perfectly... with the exception of the remote control.

I have read that some set top boxes use a bandwidth that a standard IR extender cannot deal with but I have not been able to find any info as to whether this applies to Tiscali TV set top boxes.

Has anyone managed to get it to work with Tiscali TV?
  • D.K. wrote: »
    Gadget? Just get a Velux for upstairs.

A velux window you mean??? stare up at the stars lol:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I have a set of eyes that sit on the tellies and change channels via a remote , now don't ask me how it all works cos I got a little man out to do mine .....:rolleyes:
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• mysuni
    mysuni Posts: 237 Forumite
    can anyone tell me which scart socket they connected the sender to. I have tried all of them and i cannot pick up a signal upstairs. I know that it works as my brother bought it for me and tested it at his house before he sent it to me. also should the sender ir dangly bits be in front of the sky+ box or the side? sorry the instructions are non-existent. Also does it matter that the upstairs tv is not connected to an aerial?

many thanks.
  • mysuni - you dont need an aerail
  • henster
    henster Posts: 31 Forumite
    Sorry to hijack this again (and for being dense) but would a device like this work with virgin tv or is it just sky?

Thanks!
  • henster wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack this again (and for being dense) but would a device like this work with virgin tv or is it just sky?

Thanks!

It will work with Virgin. Not sure if you can change the channel's through the Digi sender with virgin. It will send the Virgin tv signal to your second TV ok.

Moneysaver
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport