We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    AND THE AWARD GOES TO .... DRUM ROLL .... CTC

wooden_spoon_be.jpg
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lol.... I only mentioned the budget and China....

I also like the SHTF on the oldstyle board... As I am a bit of a hoarder.. This just gives me the excuse to stockpile food and stuff lol
    Work to live= not live to work
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    morning all

another hot day kicking off here.. I think !
    I have to "rescue" some plants today... after ive been to bank, seen dad, taken mum to hosp for quick app...
    they [plants, not ma and pa !] are all popping up after an area was cleared by a digger. dahlias, fruit bushes, grape vines !!
    in the bulldozed earth heap is the most magnificent "display" of everything from corn flowers, sunflowers, potatoes ! tomatoes ! dahlias, daisy types, erbs...you name it. when its in full flower [ive banned any movement till they've flowered ;) ] then I will dig out all the plants willing, for next year ...

LIR, do you want a couple of grape vines ? they came from a professional vinery? but didn't do well where they were originally put, ive put em all heeled into a trough and they are doing brilliantly ?
    also was it red or black currant you were after ?

CTC, I can save a couple for your poly if you like.. vines / currants? also any suitable flowering /sellable plants ?

right folks , have a good day :D
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pouring down here & the burn is high again not surprisingly.

Plumber left a very odd text on the phone so I don't think he'll be back for a while. He's really stringing this out to the nth degree - it's scary. That's two days he's been here in the past fortnight and it's not as if he's here early & away late. I cannot believe how some people behave.

Lady who looked after our new hairy cat is coming to visit so that will be interesting.

Thick with midgies out there so indoors jobs.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Nice here at no,

Choille...it really does sound this is the most stressful part of your build.. You are sooooooo close to moving in, but yet you its frustrating as now you are relying on other people...who don't realise the stress their actions put people under...

Alfie, that would be fab.... Testing the water this year, has really made me think I could make a few pennies with plants...even if it just covers one household bill a year lol
    Work to live= not live to work
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have been in remission for ages with my gut disease, but it's all flared up - it's the stress so I've had to double up on meds & if that don't stop things it's steroids which I obviously don't want. But that's the way it goes.
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    I wish I could magic the workers to you choille... TO FINISH IT but I cant :(

got held up all day... so didn't get all done :o

plants will be tomorrow.
    I will pot lots up for you CTC.. littluns that will GROW..
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    I wish I could magic the workers to you choille... TO FINISH IT but I cant :(

got held up all day... so didn't get all done :o

Yes, I wish I could send you Mr Rod and a few of his mates + our Mr Plumber, but probably not our electricians. This week they were supposed to be here, "in force," but all we got was the apprentice. :mad: He's nice enough, but couldn't fathom what his boss had done, so we are still powerless at one end, though we have light.

And with lots going on, DW away etc. I didn't get my work done either! :(
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    morning all

another hot day kicking off here.. I think !
    I have to "rescue" some plants today... after ive been to bank, seen dad, taken mum to hosp for quick app...
    they [plants, not ma and pa !] are all popping up after an area was cleared by a digger. dahlias, fruit bushes, grape vines !!
    in the bulldozed earth heap is the most magnificent "display" of everything from corn flowers, sunflowers, potatoes ! tomatoes ! dahlias, daisy types, erbs...you name it. when its in full flower [ive banned any movement till they've flowered ;) ] then I will dig out all the plants willing, for next year ...

LIR, do you want a couple of grape vines ? they came from a professional vinery? but didn't do well where they were originally put, ive put em all heeled into a trough and they are doing brilliantly ?
    also was it red or black currant you were after ?

CTC, I can save a couple for your poly if you like.. vines / currants? also any suitable flowering /sellable plants ?

right folks , have a good day :D

Black currants please! Why not to the vines? Its not like I cannot find wall space some where :)
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    Black currants please! Why not to the vines? Its not like I cannot find wall space some where :)

ok, im fetching them tomorrow and will keep here "till we meet again" :D

I get great pleasure in rehoming plants and animogs and c*ap .....sorry usefull goods ;) :rotfl:

hows the likkle house ??
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure