Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Weigh in for me tonight. Once again not feeling hopeful, but still going to go.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - porridge
    Lunch - pasta salad
    Dinner - noodles
    Snacks - fruit and ginger sweets

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - oats
    Syns - honey (1), salad dressing (1), ginger sweets and drugs :(
    Zebras rock
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hellooooooooooooo!

26+1 today and daren't weigh in :o had a chocolatey weekend and a takeaway last night.

Back on it now.

B - Bacon, red onion and mushroom SW quiche and toast

D - Beef and bean hotpot and an apple

T - Savoury mince and cabbage

HEXA is milk in tea throughout the day and a glass before bed.

Syns will no doubt be something sweet. I never was a chocolate person, but Top Baby is, clearly!

Hope you're all well.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    T - Savoury mince and cabbage
    :drool: I love that stuff. I batch cooked your recipe last week topgirl. It's on the plan for Thursday in a SP cottage pie.
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Weigh in for me tonight. Once again not feeling hopeful, but still going to go.

Good for you!:T

Interesting conversation last night about 'sacking' the social team. I can see it from both sides in a way.
    The social team get very little, if anything, over and above another member. I think denise said hers might give a free magazine but it does vary from group to group.

But there are people who go week on week a bit like a social club and don't seem to lose at all or even try to follow the plan properly. It's their choice of course as they pay their money and many say that if they didn't go they'd probably gain even more.

On the other hand, maybe this consultant is a bit of a new broom wants the social team to be shining examples of losing weight and isn't bothered if they leave. For me that shows she's not very good at understanding where her members are coming from on their weightloss journey.

Then there's the consultants who don't lose/gain! One group I go to, the consultant was a SW Slimmer of the Year and she's put loads back on. The group I go to most regularly the consultant has a very fat tummy but I'm not sure whether she's gained or is still getting to target.

Personally, if I was a consultant I'd welcome all comers. Not just for the money but because everyone's different. Surely it's better to stay in touch with SW even when it's a struggle (for which the reasons are many and varied) and then refocus when you can than to give up altogether.

Apologies for thinking aloud but it can't feel good to be told you're not wanted.:o:(

I'm feeling quite slim but far from convinced I'll see a loss this week. I've decided that when I get back to target, I'm going to carry on writing down every syn until I get to the bottom end of range. I've got a short holiday booked for November and I know I'll gain but I want to gain within range not go over again.:)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, 2 boiled eggs, HEA milk for drinks
    L: cold pork, fried veg, beetroot (SP lunch)
    D: chicken stir fry with noodles
    Syns: honey 2.5, noodles 0.5
  • Deja_Vu
    Deja_Vu Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I'm hoping that you'll let me join in your thread.

I've always struggled with my weight since I was a child and am now a single mum 41 with a 4 year old daughter who I'm letting down as I'd love to take her swimming but I have no body confidence, to a theme park or to a forest High Ropes but my size and weight are holding me back. I've done most diets over the years but I always end up putting the weight back on plus a few extra lbs. Slimming World worked well for me last time so am giving it another go. This time I've luckily got back on plan before I've reached my previous heaviest and before Chocolate season but I'm still back up to 18st so I want to lose weight so we can have a more active summer next year.

I'm not going to go to meetings, I know its only £5pw but at the moment that's £20 a month that I need in my purse as I'm on a tight budget, especially with Christmas coming up as well as those theme park entrance fees and of course the smaller clothes to save for!)

I see this is a very well established group and I like the idea of the 8 week targets, it doesn't seem as daunting as looking all the way towards the final target so I will definitely join in when you start the next one if that's ok.

Best wishes to everyone x
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Welcome deja vu.it seems like you've made a start and you know the plan so you're on your way already!

If you want to set a small target for Halloween just post it up and kathryna will add you to the list or you could just go target free for now and think of a Christmas goal. :)

It helps me to post my menu every day as it acts like a food diary and keeps me focused. To me, planning and Speed food are the secrets to success. SW is designed to be a healthy eating plan for life so you'll be able to share your meals with your DD knowing that you're giving her good habits for the future. :)
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Interesting conversation last night about 'sacking' the social team. I can see it from both sides in a way.
    The social team get very little, if anything, over and above another member. I think denise said hers might give a free magazine but it does vary from group to group.

But there are people who go week on week a bit like a social club and don't seem to lose at all or even try to follow the plan properly. It's their choice of course as they pay their money and many say that if they didn't go they'd probably gain even more.

On the other hand, maybe this consultant is a bit of a new broom wants the social team to be shining examples of losing weight and isn't bothered if they leave. For me that shows she's not very good at understanding where her members are coming from on their weightloss journey.

Then there's the consultants who don't lose/gain! One group I go to, the consultant was a SW Slimmer of the Year and she's put loads back on. The group I go to most regularly the consultant has a very fat tummy but I'm not sure whether she's gained or is still getting to target.

Personally, if I was a consultant I'd welcome all comers. Not just for the money but because everyone's different. Surely it's better to stay in touch with SW even when it's a struggle (for which the reasons are many and varied) and then refocus when you can than to give up altogether.

Apologies for thinking aloud but it can't feel good to be told you're not wanted.:o:(

Perfectly sums up my thoughts on it. You are so good at saying what I am thinking Maman
    Deja_Vu wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

I'm hoping that you'll let me join in your thread.

I've always struggled with my weight since I was a child and am now a single mum 41 with a 4 year old daughter who I'm letting down as I'd love to take her swimming but I have no body confidence, to a theme park or to a forest High Ropes but my size and weight are holding me back. I've done most diets over the years but I always end up putting the weight back on plus a few extra lbs. Slimming World worked well for me last time so am giving it another go. This time I've luckily got back on plan before I've reached my previous heaviest and before Chocolate season but I'm still back up to 18st so I want to lose weight so we can have a more active summer next year.

I'm not going to go to meetings, I know its only £5pw but at the moment that's £20 a month that I need in my purse as I'm on a tight budget, especially with Christmas coming up as well as those theme park entrance fees and of course the smaller clothes to save for!)

I see this is a very well established group and I like the idea of the 8 week targets, it doesn't seem as daunting as looking all the way towards the final target so I will definitely join in when you start the next one if that's ok.

Best wishes to everyone x

Welcome Deja Vu. You sound similar to me in your reasons, except my daughter is older and I have a husband who I make do the adventurous stuff with her, or now she is older she can do some stuff without an accompanying adult. I have always taken her swimming though. I look hideous in a swimming costume, but I go very quickly from changing room to pool, so minimal people see me.

We are quite a well established groups. There are some that have been on here for a lot longer than me, and but we are all very welcoming of new people. We also have a mixture of those that go to group, those that do it at home.

You can join this challenge half way through. Think we have 3 weeks left of this challenge. If you tell me how much you want to lose by the end of the month I will add you to the spread sheet.
    Best to get joining in with us when your mind and motivation are in the right place.
    Zebras rock
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done Mrs R on SOTW :)
    Well deserved.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    Good evening all! I am energised and motivated - yesterday good day and an hour in the gym. today less active but super on it food wise! so today went like this: breakfast: wheatbran cake (half heb) with carrot for speed and 65g of tinned rhubarb (rounding up to 1syn) lunch: homemade chicken, sweetcorn and noodle soup - free! I even made the stock and it was beyond lush! snacks at work: an apple, a pear, cucumber chunks, 1 carrot cut in to sticks dipped in 25g philidelphia 2syn mid afternoon pick me up: 2 lotus biscuits: 3 syn tea: nothing took my fancy but had an omelette type think with mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, chicken and ham made up with 2 eggs and served with beans drinks at work: 4 cups of tea - didn't measure milk but I am cutting back. to be safe I am calling it 1 more and that's my hea today syns so far: 6 - over estimating to call it 10 as I had a fork full of littlies super noodles I fancy some ice cream...I have some asda own brand - not luxury but not value in the freezer (mint neopolitan so its mint choc chip, chocolate and mint) and it looks and smells so good and I haven't touched it yet...but syns? would 3 syns for 25g sound right ish? I only want a taste also syns in an askeys cup cones? they are the little flat bottom ones :) thanks lovelies!
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Well done Mrs R:T:T:T
    Well i had a NSV:D:D bought a cheap pair of skinny jeans yesterday(primark) 3 SIZES smaller:j:j:j didnt try them on in the shop looked at them and thought they will fit, hubby said what if they dont, i said they WILL soon.
    Anyhow didn't try them on last night, had shower this morning and came running in the living room jumping up and down shouting they fit:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::T:T:T
    Wore them out today, although im on holiday been really good still:D
    Had 2 eggs, tin toms and mushrooms with slice toast(hexb) for brunch
    Tea
    steak, fried onions, mushrooms, speed salad and about 8 SW chips:D
    Will have hopped fruit and muller light later
    Welcome Deja Vu:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Deja_Vu
    Deja_Vu Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Maman & Kathrynha

I'm still getting back in to the swing of SW menu planning and hadn't done a SW friendly shop until this afternoon so have just been using up what I have in at the moment.

B Scrambled eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes
    L 2 slices toast (1 x HEB, 1 @ 6 syns) with soft cheese (4 syns) and an apple
    D Poached salmon, spicy rice & salad.
    HEA will always be milk for teas
    Fruit for snacks today

I must say I've always been careful with food and portion control around my daughter as I don't want her to have the same issues as me so have always made healthy meals for us. My problem is when she's goes to bed at 7 I'm a kitchen raider.

I was just going to potter along until the next challenge started but if its not too much hassle could you add me on for the last 3 weeks just to help me stay on track. Could you put me down for 10lbs please as this is my first week (started on Sat) so potentially some larger initial losses before it settles down.

Cheers :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport