Asda delivery charge (in my area) now at least £2 up from £1

joface
joface Posts: 95 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 23 May 2017 at 5:10PM in Food shopping & groceries
Is it just my area or has everyones Asda delivery charges gone up? I used to be able to book a slot for £1 and now the cheapest is £2. It even says 'have your shopping delivered from £2' on the homepage

Their minimum order value is £25 & I really liked being able to order this small amount for just £1 delivery (although I can see this isn't to Asdas advantage but hey). The delivery pass is £5 a month but has a minimum order of £40 which I don't always want to spend.

Shame

Comments

• jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    When you think about the cost of the person to pick your shopping off your shelves, then the drivers time and the running costs for the van, £2 is a very small amount for what you are actually getting.
  • joface
    I appreciate that, it was good whilst it lasted
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I still see slots from £1 but I live in one of the areas where ASDA's minimum order is £40 both when using a Delivery Pass and for a one off order.
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    joface wrote: »
    The delivery pass is £5 a month but has a minimum order of £40 which I don't always want to spend.

The £1 deliveries would have been midweek so it may be worth considering the £24 per year Mid-Week Pass instead of Anytime.
  • joface
    alanq wrote: »
    The £1 deliveries would have been midweek so it may be worth considering the £24 per year Mid-Week Pass instead of Anytime.

good point, thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport