PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• suzybloo
    suzybloo Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Our anniversary this week and had a barbecue but unfortunately had no ice bucket, so popped to our Cancer Research shop and managed to pick up a red and black Bodum one for the princely sum of £2.50 - one the same is on ebay for £20, and bought a large glass vase for another £2. Great bargains!
    Every days a School day!
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Just back from a week in Devon and was lured into a couple of charity shops whilst down there! In one I got a pair of white Liz Claiborne jeans and a Pur Una skirt for £6.50 for both. In the next I got a lemon vest top, which just goes with the skirt, and a loose kaftan top which goes perfectly with the jeans, £3 for both. So 2 complete outfits for the grand total of £9.50. Well chuffed! DH couldn't believe I was trawling charity shops whilst on holiday!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Options
    One of the local Scope shops near me is one of the few in the country that get Boden items to sell directly from Boden. When they first come in they are quite expensive eg £30 for a dress but after a short time they reduce them to £10. I got DD a black dress with Peter Pan collar for £10 and me a lovely red winter dress for £10 DH also got some unworn Timberland boots also £10 and we got a massive suitccase like this
    for £4.50 which DD has taken to London with her today to start her new job
    http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_36536+T42637_-1
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Cherry computer keyboard with smartcard security reader. New in box. Made in Germany. £28 (on Ebay). [STRIKE]£10[/STRIKE] reduced to £6.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The Cancer Research shop had a brand new White Stuff vest for £3.50.

I have no idea how much it would have been direct from the company, but it is an expensive brand usually.

I've worn it every day this week due to the hot weather. Needs a wash now and don't know what I'll do to keep cool without it!
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Hobsons_Choice Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    From Bromsgrove Primrose Hospice shop this week:
    Brand new pair of Debenhams cotton trousers. Fit beautifully (M&S sizes are all over the place atm don't you find?) and only £3.50
    Normal people worry me.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,155 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Bigger son has outgrown pretty much everything so I've been looking for T shirts!

Mind (Kidderminster) - TopMan T shirt - £1

St Richards Hospice (Worcs) - Gap T shirt - £2

Has anyone seen the new charity shop in Worcs where Lakeland used to be? I didn't have time for a good look round today but it's massive and has a bookshop and caf! upstairs!
  • timehastoldme
    Options
    A blue cast iron copco deep pan, I'm in love (£8)
  • rchj4
    rchj4 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I found a gorgeous hand made chair-sized throw , which must have taken many hours to crochet. It is in green with touches of pink & is perfect for in my daughter's conservatory .
    The cost £1-99 !

I love going to charity shops . I get many paperback books there & also cd's .
  • PenguinOfDeath
    Options
    A comedy book and a children's book (both large hardbacks) 99p each on BOGOF! They're around £20 each in amazon, the lady at the till had to check the price with the manager :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure