IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge, IPC Member, inadequate signage

Comments

• safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    edited 8 May 2017 at 11:41AM
    Hmmm, well this is quite interesting. Everything I have seen here is that you get a LBC and then an MCOL soon afterwards, a reply from Glads is not usual especially when they use Debt Collection terminology like "if this should go to court" so I am quite surprised.

As I said - and like Unkomaas says above - I think you can either try to rebut again, try to force the issue (as above demand they start proceedings) or you can just wait for the MCOL if it ever arrives.

If you want to make sure, you can redact the personal information on the original LBC and the subsequent reply to your rebuttal, host them somewhere and then post a link here and people can double check for you.

But basically, Glads have issued a LBC ... now they have to either go through with it or you are back where you were, waiting for the 6 year timeout ...
  • behindtheeye
    behindtheeye Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the responses.

Here is the LBC: https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ao45qLpxXG3_gdxyiLzXxjMZKV2caA

Here is the subsequent letter: https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ao45qLpxXG3_gdxxEAjMpgwQypMdLQ
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Over on PePiPoo, regular contributor 'Gan' often comments on Gladstones 'LBCs' to the effect that should their reference number on the 'LBC' commence '3*********', then that is a DRP letter using a pimped out G's letterhead.

Gan is highly respected and I have no reason to doubt his assertion, but can't guarantee it.

Please check the reference number on yours.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I agree, Gan is right about those codes.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • behindtheeye
    The reference number begins with 1000...
  • Coupon-mad
    OK so it's only DE and they have not used POFA compliant NTKs for something like a year or more. With a non-POFA NTK they cannot hold a keeper liable.

What was the date of parking event (sorry no time to look back)?

Quite possibly you will get a claim but we win 99% of the time; in our experience, Gladstones make a mess of their robo-claims...
  • behindtheeye
    Date of event was 23/11/2016. Thank you, Coupon-mad.
  • Coupon-mad
    OK so I am pretty sure they haven't used a POFA compliant NTK in 2016/17, so the keeper cannot be pursued (won't stop them trying, and hoping you might name the driver).

Do as Umkomaas already advised last week.
  • behindtheeye
    Responded to Gallstones last week, today I've received the court claim. Will acknowledge as per the guidelines on here then look at creating a draft to post on here for advice.
  • Coupon-mad
    Great, nothing to lose as long as you defend, because the worst case scenario if you lost at a hearing is being told to pay pretty much the same as demanded already. No CCJ, no sitting on the norty step! And if you win, you can claim your costs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure