Requesting Settlement figure with PRA Group

Comments

• bilko89
    bilko89 Posts: 169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi, sorry to jump in your thread OP but will an email suffice for the CCA request, or do you need to send the letter in writing/type and send via mail? I have 3 old accounts which have been passed around a few times, with my 50% F&F offers completely rebuffed.
    SPC10 #560
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    The link in post 4 gives a template for the letter and the requirement for a £1 fee - use old-fashioned mail
  • shaun196809
    shaun196809 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Hi there,

The saga continues!!

Gutted, PRA have come back today to state that they were not willing to accept my offer of 10% but only 80%. They believe they provided a copy of my credit agreement.

My previous letter stated that they were still awaiting documentation and deemed the debt as unenforceable.

Advice on next steps? Tell them that I have now removed them from my DMP and will not discuss any further unless they provide sufficient details? And my offer of 10% still stands.

Thanks.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi there,

The saga continues!!

Gutted, PRA have come back today to state that they were not willing to accept my offer of 10% but only 80%. They believe they provided a copy of my credit agreement.

My previous letter stated that they were still awaiting documentation and deemed the debt as unenforceable.

Advice on next steps? Tell them that I have now removed them from my DMP and will not discuss any further unless they provide sufficient details? And my offer of 10% still stands.

Thanks.

Sounds very familiar, wouldn't budge on 80% for me and never produced an agreement, I was stuck though as I was getting a mortgage in the near future and needed it cleared
  • shaun196809
    Sounds very familiar, wouldn't budge on 80% for me and never produced an agreement, I was stuck though as I was getting a mortgage in the near future and needed it cleared

Thats disappointing especially as these debts no longer feature on my credit file - over 9 years old. Worried that another debt agency might pick it up and raise a default.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Hi Tell them that I have now removed them from my DMP and will not discuss any further unless they provide sufficient details? And my offer of 10% still stands.

That sounds like a plan.

A fresh default should not happen - it would be against ICO guidance.

Keep an eye on your files though.
  • glentoran99
    Thats disappointing especially as these debts no longer feature on my credit file - over 9 years old. Worried that another debt agency might pick it up and raise a default.

Has it already been defaulted? presume so if PRA have it

If defaulted, Nothing on Credit file, No agreement, Tell them to take a running jump

If someone else is foolish enough to buy it you simply tell them its unenforcable and ignore them too
  • shaun196809
    Thanks for the response - just what I wanted to hear!!!

And yes, it had defaulted but now clear.

Has it already been defaulted? presume so if PRA have it

If defaulted, Nothing on Credit file, No agreement, Tell them to take a running jump

If someone else is foolish enough to buy it you simply tell them its unenforcable and ignore them too
  • glentoran99
    Thanks for the response - just what I wanted to hear!!!

And yes, it had defaulted but now clear.

The same debt cant be defaulted twice so it cant be reappearing on your credit file, Unless they get a CCJ which they couldn't do without an enforceable agreement.
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Sorry to jump on the thread, but I'm in exactly the same position with PRA. Had a letter today saying the debt is currently unenforceable. So I will now offer 10%. I think January said they had success with this after ignoring them for 12 months.
    I will let you know what the response is.
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family