RBS Scrip Issue 2008

On the news 2 days ago I heard that there is legal action against RBS on behalf of RBS shareholders who were offered an allotment in May 2008 to buy extra shares, but were not warned of the situation by the Bank. I invested a large amount, although I subsequently sold my shares at a huge loss in 2009. I was not contacted to join the action presumably because I had no shareholding after November 2009, but was involved at the time (May 2008). The case is being handled by a Company called LEON KAYE, but they have told me that since the action has been going on for several years they cannot accept any new entrants!!! Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Posting on the Savings & Investments board would probably be a good start...
  • ERICS_MUM
    ERICS_MUM Posts: 3,579 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I can't help but good luck in your endeavours. I understand the case was adjourned Monday so RBS could increase their offer, don't want to appear in court.

I think Fred G and the RBS board should be prosecuted for their various 'misdemeanours'.
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thread moved from Budgeting & Bank Accounts to Savings & Investments.
  • I expect a whole new 'PPI industry' will grow out of it. Lots of cold callers telling you you can claim for compensation (whether you've ever had RBS shares or not!).
  • I also invested in the scrip issue in 2008 and still have the shares. It seems the current trial is adjourned until June 7. I'm hoping the final decision would allow all investors to claim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure