Supermarket price matching

Does anyone actually take any notice of this promise? Tesco' checkout staff always proudly circle on the bottom the till receipt, how much cheaper they were on that particular shop, ( or how much the have taken off your bill if they were more expensive). Obviously this match is only on 'branded goods' which is fair enough, but how much of your shop is 'branded' merchandise?
Out of curiosity I checked a recent bill where Tesco were 10p cheaper on that shop. I had about 20 items, 15 of which were own brand, fruit, veg, some meat and fish, milk, butter. Of the few branded goods, the total reductions in price were, £4.00 on some dishwasher tablets, and a few other, two for one offers, total 'savings' against RRP, was just over £7, yet overall they were only 10p cheaper than other supermarkets, someone's kidding someone

Comments

• VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I think a lot of Tesco shoppers aren't too bothered about the price. If they were, they wouldn't shop at Tesco in the first place.
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ASDA price matching includes comparable own brand items and a refund can be claimed (subject to Ts&Cs) if the basket of goods is not 10% cheaper than Tesco/Morrison/Waitrose. There is no automatic refund for either in-store or online orders. One has to go online to check and has to have an online account in order to print a voucher to use in store or create an eVoucher for ones next online order. Thus customers who have remembered and made the effort to check will be reminded how much cheaper ASDA is than the other stores.

I always check and refunds on £40 home deliveries have been anything from nothing to a few pounds. Pretty good as typically I have bought items that on special offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure