IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

New Generation Parking and DCBL parking fine

Options
I have allegedly parked my scooter in Cardiff Bay Retail Park in 2014 and am now receiving threatening letters for in excess of £600 or I will be given a CCJ. I have called DCBL who last month said they would send the evidence to my email but they have not. I also emailed New Generation Parking also asking for more info and advising I am in a debt management plan and am not refusing to pay but need more info or time. They too are ignoring my requests. My cousin was visiting from the Republic of Ireland so may have been riding my vespa at the time. What can I do, or who can help me? I have emailed the CAB, this is so stressful.

Comments

• welshwizard1
    Options
    Hi
    They've probably issued you with a Parking Charge Notice - a civil ticket. They make the documents look like parking tickets when, in fact, they're just invoices.
    They will try to say that you breached terms of a contract (agreeing to park) but, of course, they have no proof it was you driving the vehicle. They've sent this invoice to the registered keeper of the vehicle which is not necessarily the same as the driver.
    Write to New generation Parking and ask them for proof that YOU were driving - they have to prove it was you - you don't have to prove anything. You may want to add that if they continue harassing you, you will start invoicing them for the time it takes you to respond!
    There is a template letter on the Consumer Action Group website to deal with this sort of thing.
    I had one of these a few years ago, sent the letter and received nothing from them since. Interestingly, this firm of idiots actually tried to ticket a police car!
    Good luck.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 April 2017 at 10:41AM
    Options
    I have allegedly parked my scooter in Cardiff Bay Retail Park in 2014 and am now receiving threatening letters for in excess of £600 or I will be given a CCJ. I have called DCBL who last month said they would send the evidence to my email but they have not. I also emailed New Generation Parking also asking for more info and advising I am in a debt management plan and am not refusing to pay but need more info or time. They too are ignoring my requests. My cousin was visiting from the Republic of Ireland so may have been riding my vespa at the time. What can I do, or who can help me? I have emailed the CAB, this is so stressful.

Please get yourself into the Parking Tickets Subform in Motoring.

Start by reading the Newbies Sticky carefully - this will inform you properly about the situation with private parking tickets in Wales, then start your own thread for more specific help and advice to get-shot of this. Cardiff Bay and NGP are far from unknown there! :)

Importantly, do this before digging yourself a deeper hole by contacting a PPC or their shonky debt collectors in any way. You need to couch all communications/"appeals" very carefully so you don't hand them your wallet on a plate.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Write to New generation Parking and ask them for proof that YOU were driving - they have to prove it was you - you don't have to prove anything. You may want to add that if they continue harassing you, you will start invoicing them for the time it takes you to respond!
    There is a template letter on the Consumer Action Group website to deal with this sort of thing.
    I had one of these a few years ago, sent the letter and received nothing from them since. Interestingly, this firm of idiots actually tried to ticket a police car!
    Good luck.

This is seriously bad advice!

The law changed back in 2012 and they now can hold the Keeper liable in England and Wales, without knowing who the driver was - however there are decided advantages to engaging with their kangaroo court "appeals process" as the RK and not the driver.

And don't even start me on the quality of CAG advice! - If you are prepared to do the basic legwork, the best quality advice for dealing with PPCs is on here and the Pepipoo Forum, nowhere else! :)
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 18 June 2017 at 12:46AM
    Options
    Hi CardiffCelt
    I'm going to move your thread from The Wales Board to The Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board, where you will get lots of advice :)

and you can read Fight Unfair Private Parking Tickets on the Main Site
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Glad wrote: »
    Hi CardiffCelt
    I'm going to move your thread from The Wales Board to The Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board, where you will get lots of advice :)

You can read that article of course but don't treat it as "the gospel" and follow its advice which is dangerously wrong in parts.

Follow the advice in the newbies faq thread towards the top of this forum
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad wrote: »

Sadly that article is partly wrong and MSE are aware the template letter is fatally flawed. Badly so, losing people money.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi Quentin, Coupon-mad

Can you do us a favour? Could you take a look at the guide and let us know which bits you think we need to look at?

Thank you!
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi Quentin, Coupon-mad

Can you do us a favour? Could you take a look at the guide and let us know which bits you think we need to look at?

Thank you!

simply link to the one in the motoring forum , which is updated as things change ,, and they do!

the bevis case altered a lot of things , so have recent court desisions regarding own (residential) land , things are happening both a POPLa with regard to bylaw land , and a lot of things are happening at sites like john lennon airport ,

I suspect if you altered/ammended your version , it would just be stuck there in time giving yet more false info
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi Quentin, Coupon-mad

Thank you!

I sent a pm to MSE Megan who told me she had moved to another section, but she forwarded it to the right people the other day. And I've given my email address which is OK to use if preferred, MSE Megan did email me once before. Happy to explain the issues.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure