Nationwide Flexdirect

Comments

• Cezzy
    Cezzy Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If someone switches to a Nationwide account to get the referral payment do the direct debits etc have to be in place for a specific time. When house is sold many will terminate.
    ~ Smile and light up your world ~
    ~ ask, believe, receive ~
  • badger09 wrote: »
    It seems it is even easier than that.

My FlexDirect 5% ended well over 12 months ago. The account is still active but not regularly externally funded.

I sent a secure message yesterday about the apparent:cool: change in T&C and had confirmation today that as soon as I fund it with £1000, I will earn 5% again.

No need for the downgrade/upgrade:) I've funded with £2500 & will update when interest is credited.

Defo keep us in the loop on this please.

I reckon you'll be receiving no interest and £25 compo for an advisers misinformation - but hope am wrong!
  • Cezzy wrote: »
    If someone switches to a Nationwide account to get the referral payment do the direct debits etc have to be in place for a specific time. When house is sold many will terminate.
    No, but advice given on this board is to wait until at least one payment has been collected for each DD.
  • Kendall80
    Kendall80 Posts: 965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    My sole FlexDirect ended 13 months ago. I kept a joint one open (didnt downgrade). I sent them an IM today to query if I could reopen a solo and get the 5% Unfortunately, they said no.
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 October 2016 at 4:35AM
    I had a FlexDirect account paying 5% until March this year whereupon I closed it. I then read about some people opening a new FD before the 12 month re qualification period expired and them saying they got 5% again so I opened a new FD after one month and got.......1%.

So I closed the new FD account.

So I now have two potential 12 month anniversary dates, and with the conflicting information here I think to make sure I re qualify for the 5% rate I will have to wait until after the second account closure anniversary otherwise I risk extending the waiting period by yet another 12 months.

That's going by the T&C but not the 'secret' T&C that are being presented alongside the normal T&C.

Confused:(
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Kendall80 wrote: »
    My sole FlexDirect ended 13 months ago. I kept a joint one open (didnt downgrade). I sent them an IM today to query if I could reopen a solo and get the 5% Unfortunately, they said no.
    Ring the customer service free phone number, they'll say yes.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    These are the edited secure messages between me & Nationwide:

12/10/16 PM
    I understand that, if a FlexDirect account has not had interest @ 5% for over 12 months, it is possible to start earning 5% again providing £1000 is paid in every month from outside Nationwide. This is apparently a recent change but your T&Cs have not been updated to reflect this. Can you please confirm this is the case. Thank you

13/10/16 AM
    Hello xxxx
    Thank you ever so much for your message, I hope you're enjoying your week so far!

You are correct, as long as your FlexDirect has not had 5% interest within the last 12 months, as soon as you start putting the £1000.00 each month you will be gaining the 5% interest.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reply directly to this message or give our customer service centre a call on 0800302011 if abroad please call +441793656789.

All the best,
    yyyy
    Customer Consultant
    Digital Servicing
    http//:https://www.nationwide.co.uk

13/10/16 AM
    Thank you yyyy That is great news. I hope your T&C will be updated to reflect this. Have a good day!

13/10/16 PM
    Hello xxxx,

Thank you for getting in touch with me today.
    I have passed your comments onto our website team, as this is a very recent change to our Terms and Conditions, this will need to be updated.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your week xxxx and should you have any further questions at all, please do not hesitate to reply to this message or call us on 0800 302011. If abroad, please call +44 1793 656789

Best wishes
    zzzz
    Customer Consultant, Digital Service
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk

Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent:p
  • dggar
    dggar Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    An article on the Guardian web site dates 13th Oct gives the impression that two DDs are now required for the FlexDirect account. It's not clear whether this is only for new accounts or applies to existing accounts.

I wonder what the situation would be for an account that has been open for more that 12 months since it stopped paying 5% and is now reactivated to pay 5% by depositing £1000.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    dggar wrote: »
    An article on the Guardian web site dates 13th Oct gives the impression that two DDs are now required for the FlexDirect account. It's not clear whether this is only for new accounts or applies to existing accounts.

I wonder what the situation would be for an account that has been open for more that 12 months since it stopped paying 5% and is now reactivated to pay 5% by depositing £1000.

No DDs are required. I saw that article too and it's wrong.
  • dggar
    dggar Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    with reference to post#88.

Does this mean that mean I can open a Flex Direct account and feed it for 12 months passing £1000 through it to get 5%, then use it as an ordinary account and get 1% for the next 12 months, and then start feeding £1000 again and get 5%.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure