We're gonna need a bigger letter box!

I am well into Savings Loophole activity as well as a little stoozing. I was prepared for the task of managing my accounts online, what I hadn't prepared myself for was the sheer volume of mail generated.

I used to receive a few items of mail per month but I'm receiving at least something every day.

I had 9 items just today, one from Nationwide, three from Tesco and FIVE from First Direct. The postman must wonder what's going on.

Comments

• Similar experience here.

But it's none of the postie's business, is it? ��
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Go paperless?

Ive got scores of CA, RS etc type of accounts and don't get things everyday.
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Go paperless?

Ive got scores of CA, RS etc type of accounts and don't get things everyday.
    I'm "paperless" but still Halifax send me at least one letter a week advertising some product or other. Still, it makes me feel wanted.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    I know it will die down with mostly online banking.

It's Tesco with two current accounts, two savings and one credit card along with DD with a current account and two savers which has generated most correspondence. I obviously expected the cards, PINS etc but didn't necessarilyexpect a separate welcome pack for each product.

FD sent three separate letters re an arrangement with the US tax authorities to check I was registered in the UK for tax purposes. Haven't had similar from other institutions.

FDs First Account welcome pack was also ridiculously oversized and got returned to the sorting office.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    EssexExile wrote: »
    I'm "paperless" but still Halifax send me at least one letter a week advertising some product or other. Still, it makes me feel wanted.

Then you need to change your marketing preferences with Halifax:cool:
  • It's Tesco's need to send each direct debit instruction confirmation individually that gets me. We got 12 in one day when I set up the DDs for our BOS accounts!

Almost makes me feel guilty for "using" them...just almost!

I'm not sure you can opt out of that, as I'm already paperless for those accounts.
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Start thinking a bit further on.

Fund and investment trust annual reports are usually A4 size.
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    badger09 wrote: »
    Then you need to change your marketing preferences with Halifax:cool:
    Good idea! So I went on their website & I can change email preferences, I can change text preferences, I can even change what they call me. No mention of snail mail though. Never mind, as I said it makes me feel wanted & it's not far from the letterbox to the recycling bin.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm paperless and I never get anything through the post. In fact sometimes I think they've forgotten about me. Tesco Bank did though when I opened an account but I dumped them and I never get anything now :) Oh and Amex sent me an airmail letter from the U.S. of A. telling me about the £10 reward if I recommend someone for their credit card. Stingy eh!
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,618 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Similar experience here.

But it's none of the postie's business, is it? ��

If it keeps them in a job it probably is!
    redux wrote: »
    Start thinking a bit further on.

Fund and investment trust annual reports are usually A4 size.

Sadly they're ones I look forward to receiving!
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure