Vax Sale

Options
This weeks email actually came in handy for me for a large purchase (I've had a few small savings/freebies from previous emails but nothing worth shouting much about and don't make many larger purchases).

I've been putting some money away to get myself a new Vax pet vacuum cleaner after Christmas and saw the Vax sale website on today's email so thought I'd see how much I could save - I've just ordered a Power 8 Pet Upright Vacuum Cleaner, down from £89.99 to £46.99 - costing £35 less than the one I had in mind in Argos, but with better specs!

Cheers Martin!!:j

Comments

• wallbash
    wallbash Posts: 17,775 Forumite
    Options
    Well I just bought the Air3 Total Home Upright Vacuum Cleaner. Saving the vast sum of £200 , but guessing no one in there right minds ever buys a Vax at full price. Was it a good deal, ask me in a months time.
    But my Dyson needed a full overhaul, at least £80 plus and is too heavy .
    So for another £20 . new lighter machine.
    well done Martin ........I hope.
  • imperfec
    Options
    I ordered a combi cleaner earlier today but haven't had a confirmation email. I was multi tasking and doing 4 things at the same time….has anyone else got/not got a confirmation email when they ordered?

Thanks
  • pebble2014
    Options
    Sorry to be a dufus, but where do you put the code in?? There's only a search box and a voucher code, both don't work :O( I've tried for several different models on the sale site, they say the code isn't valid..
  • wallbash
    wallbash Posts: 17,775 Forumite
    Options
    imperfec wrote: »
    I ordered a combi cleaner earlier today but haven't had a confirmation email. I was multi tasking and doing 4 things at the same time….has anyone else got/not got a confirmation email when they ordered?

Thanks

Confirmation email arrived within seconds.
    but where do you put the code in?? There's only a search box and a voucher code, both don't work

You put the MSE14 on the first page from the link,
    This is before you see any offers.
  • OverlandLandy
    OverlandLandy Posts: 476 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2014 at 11:47AM
    Options
    Hi All

CAUTION.... !!!! VAX 'System Error'

I Just ordered a Vax S6 Steam Cleaner.

Paying Via RBS Worldpay - THREE times I got to the final Screen and got the message....
    'TRANSACTION FAILED... Address does not match your card'

I called my bank (in case someone had hacked my card) and discovered that VAX had actually taken 4 payments! But have sent NO confirmation e mails!

Just on the phone 'Jamie' at VAX! Who said we need to wait up to 5 working days for a refund! It was 'flagged' as a suspected fraudulent transaction(s)... BUT THEY STILL TOOK THE MONEY!!!

Now back on the phone to the bank as VAX cannot (or will not?) sort it!!!!!
    I am NOT a Woman! - its Overland Landy (as in A Landrover that travels Overland):rolleyes:

Better to be approximately right than precisely wrong.
  • OverlandLandy
    OverlandLandy Posts: 476 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2014 at 11:48AM
    Options
    Vax say they have 'rejected the payments' and the money is in a 'Holding Account'!!!!

The Bank are now agreeing!!!!!

So the PAYMENT(s) went through instantly... but I have to wait 5 days for a refund due to a VAX 'system error!!

I'm FAR from Happy!!
    I am NOT a Woman! - its Overland Landy (as in A Landrover that travels Overland):rolleyes:

• mannycal1
    Options
    I ordered an 'Air3 Max Upright Vacuum Cleaner' yesterday. Got the confirmation email through instantly. Delivery charge was £4.99 "Shipping Option - Standard Delivery (3-5 Working Days)". Further email from them today stating
    "Thank you for your recent order from our Factory Sale!
    ​Your order will arrive within 10 working days from the date of your payment."
    Just as well I don't need it in a hurry!
    Oh, and the price came down by £10 after I ordered it. A bit annoying.
  • imperfec
    Options
    Thanks. Still no email so I rang them. They have the order and it is being processed and I have an order number from them, so fingers crossed!
  • OverlandLandy
    Options
    UPDATE:

No Money returned as yet... due to fraud investigation its in a holding account!!

The Bank says VAX needs to cancel....!!!
    Vax says my Bank needs to cancel and refund!!!

So right now I have FOUR Vax steam mops on order NONE of which will arrive (or will they).. Vax are clueless... the bank is more helpful but VAX will not follow the banking protocol of getting their merchant bank to cancel and refund the transactions...

SO not such a bargain after all!!!!

• Sensible_Jess
    Options
    I'm having an issue with Vax...
    Ordered via the link in the weekely MSE e-mail.:money:

Didn't receive a confirmation e-mail right away, but no matter, as the cleaner itself arrived promptly two days later.

All was OK, until I went to the website later to register my guarantee and realised that they had sent me a different (cheaper) model to the one that I ordered!:mad:

I know this as I downloaded the user guide for the one that I wanted when I placed the order. When researching the different models some people commented on how difficult some models were to clean. As sometimes items don't come with a user manual (especially in a sale) I thought I'd do it right there so I could have it handy.

As I have no order confirmation, I compared the price for the model I ordered, the one that they sent me and the amount charged to my credit card and yep, it's a cheaper model that they sent.

I have no issue with the vacuum, it seems to work fine, but I've been overcharged!

I contacted Vax, they'e replied saying that I have the model that I ordered (not true), but make no mention of the amount that I overpaid and want refunding to my card.

The sale website is no longer active for me to send them the evidence of being overcharged so where do I stand? Anyone got any advice?

S-J
    Penny: I'm a little low on cash.
    Leonard: How much you got?
    Penny: Nothing!
    Leonard: How can you walk around with no money?
    Penny: I'm cute, I get by.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport