Sub Prime Credit Thread Part II

Comments

• sutton111
    sutton111 Posts: 6,302
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    PROLIANT wrote: »
    Hey guys, so what do you think of our new den?
    Any suggestions on the decor?

I like it. What a great idea to start a new theard.

Newcomers would of been searching forever for information on the old theard.
  • TheEffect
    TheEffect Posts: 2,293
    Forumite
    sutton111 wrote: »
    Give them a quick ring and ask whats happening with your application?

They may tell you what they need the ID to confirm.

I just phoned them and asked once I've sent ID, does this mean I've been accepted or can I still be declined. They said once they've received the ID, I SHOULD be accepted.

The guy was a little snotty when I asked ''It seas you require originals, can I send a copy of my passport as I don't want to send my passport through the post'' ''No, that wouldn't be originals would it'' ''Well I'm not sending my passport through the post, it can get lost and It's not something that someone sends via post'' ''Well send it via recorded delivery or take your ID into a Halifax branch and they can deal with the ID''.

I shall take my ID to a halifax branch. Aqua must be linked somehow with Halifax?

YAY :rotfl:
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Aqua is essentially run by Halifax through a 3rd party called SAV Credit I believe
  • sutton111
    Forumite
    TheEffect wrote: »
    I just phoned them and asked once I've sent ID, does this mean I've been accepted or can I still be declined. They said once they've received the ID, I SHOULD be accepted.

The guy was a little snotty when I asked ''It seas you require originals, can I send a copy of my passport as I don't want to send my passport through the post'' ''No, that wouldn't be originals would it'' ''Well I'm not sending my passport through the post, it can get lost and It's not something that someone sends via post'' ''Well send it via recorded delivery or take your ID into a Halifax branch and they can deal with the ID''.

I shall take my ID to a halifax branch. Aqua must be linked somehow with Halifax?

If you are going to send your Passport through the post be extremely careful.
    Recorded delivery isn't enough!! Send it Special Delivery, it will cost a little more but worth it.

Also put a note in the with your Passport saying you want it returned Special Delievry.
  • sutton111
    Forumite
    TheEffect wrote: »

Congratulations on your application though.
  • kiora
    kiora Posts: 600
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well guys got blown out of the water by Flybe so no more applications this year,well September when I go look for a new car.
    "In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance.
  • PROLIANT... on the first post the "sub-prime MBNA mastercard" is actually a Visa, or at least mine is.

On another note I applied for the Virgin Money card today and got the "we may need further information so will write to you within 10 days" ... I guess that means it's going to underwriters, at least it's not a straight no! :)
  • I just had a phone call from Aqua trying to offer me insurance on their plan even through I said that I did not want any insurance when I activated my card in November.

Has anyone else had this call from Aqua

Thanks
  • doelani
    doelani Posts: 2,576
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I paid what I owed on my jd williams accounts last night and they have increased my limits AGAIN :eek: ok only so many pairs of shoes I can buy lol

JDWilliams started £125 limit now £400
    Shoe Tailor started £125 limit now £200
    Simplybe started £125 llimit now £700 !!!!!
    Ambrose Wilson started £125 limit now £400

So since first applying about 4 or 5 months ago I have went form a total available credit of £500 to £1700. Just as well I am no longer addicted to spending and pay off what I buy each month lol
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
  • Sammy_Girl
    Sammy_Girl Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    How is everyone this evening?

Ooohh, a nice shiny new thread :p

K, sorry about the Flybe - I don't hold out much for my application.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure