IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP PCN

Hello everyone, newbie here...

I've just received a 'PCN' from NCP, for parking without paying at a bowling alley..

I have read numerous posts on here and am happy that I shouldn't need to pay the £100 'charge', but most of these posts are a little bit old now and I'd just like to confirm that no rules have changed regarding this?

Many thanks :)

Comments

• Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    edited 23 April 2013 at 1:48PM
    Hi Dash Kwame & welcome to MSE :hello:

I've moved your post into a new thread so that replies will all be in one place.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 23 April 2013 at 12:46AM
    Dash_Kwame wrote: »

I've just received a 'PCN' from NCP, for parking without paying at a bowling alley..

I have read numerous posts on here and am happy that I shouldn't need to pay the £100 'charge', but most of these posts are a little bit old now and I'd just like to confirm that no rules have changed regarding this?

Many thanks :)

Did you park without paying deliberately or was the signage not clear?

Do NCP seem to own this car park as far as you know?

Never ceases to amaze me when people say the posts they've managed to see are old, what's wrong with just clicking on the breadcrumb trail and seeing the current forum that any thread sits on? See my signature, you could have found your way back with one click...there shouldn't be a need for me to post a link to the forum but, hey, here is is:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

We have new threads every single day and I have just spent 2 hours replying to them! How recent do you need?!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Computersaysno
    Computersaysno Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Dash_Kwame wrote: »
    [STRIKE]

I've just received a
    [/STRIKE] 'PCN' from NCP, [STRIKE]for parking without paying at a [/STRIKE]bowling alley.. [STRIKE]

I have read numerous posts on here and am happy that I shouldn't need to pay
    the £100 'charge', but most of these posts are a little bit old now and I'd just
    like to confirm that no rules have changed regarding this?

Many thanks
    [/STRIKE]:)

I've taken your post and to help clarify it I've 'deleted' the unnecessary bits, leaving those bits that are relevant.

When you do this it's easier to see what's going on....

It's private parking so the answer is simple....ignore.
  • Coupon-mad
    I've taken your post and to help clarify it I've 'deleted' the unnecessary bits, leaving those bits that are relevant.

When you do this it's easier to see what's going on....

It's private parking so the answer is simple....ignore.

That used to be the advice, and is still an option for those who don't mind the flurry of debt collector scary letters. But usually we now say (unless in Scotland/NI) appeal with a legal challenge and then use POPLA to hopefully cancel the fake PCN at the PPC's expense.

But it's not as clear cut as some, in this case, hence why I asked the questions I did.

If NCP own the car park and the person deliberately didn't pay then he's on shakier ground than most with a POPLA appeal and may prefer the ignore option and cross the 'defence bridge' if and when it comes to it (NCP almost never try small claims so a pretty safe choice for this person).

But 'ignore' is not the blanket response here now. :)
  • Good evening :)

Sorry for posting it in the wrong place, I did have a look through the forum but struggled to find a more suitable place, my bad...

In answer to the questions, the car park is owned by the bowling company, not the PCC, and I did not deliberately break the rules. During the winter the signs are partially covered where it says to pay and display, as they allow free parking, I simply did not notice that the covering had gone and they were enforcing their parking fees once more.

Thanks for your replies so far :)
  • Coupon-mad
    I think I would wait for the Notice to Keeper to arrive (if the fake PCN you got was a windscreen ticket). Make them have to apply to the DVLA and pay for your data, and hope they miss the deadlines and muck up the process like most PPCs do. Have a read here:

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/keeper-liability/

Then read this to get the hang of the sort of legal challenge we suggest:

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/appeal-letter/

and read 'POPLA decisions' at the top of this MSE parking forum to see the most recent ones won. Gives you an idea of what needs to be included when you get to POPLA stage.

But for now, you need to wait for the first letter (if you've had no letters yet and if you are the owner of the car) and then write out or email your own 'legal challenge' (not an appeal and not writing as the driver nor talking about that day) simply demanding evidence & info, like in the Parking Cowboys' second link.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure