WARNING! Piz Buin 1 Day Suncream

WARNING
Piz Buin 1 Day Long Sun Cream

I used this once and came out in a horrendous rash that took weeks to go - fortunately I'd only put the cream on my arms and chest, I dread to think how bad it would have been if I had covered myself in it.
I've just been looking up reviews and it's a shocking read!

http://www.reviewcentre.com/r155799_7_Piz_Buin_1_Day_Long_Sun_Cream_.html

Comments

• shudd1967
    shudd1967 Posts: 772 Forumite
    Think its a risk with any creams, my skin is very sensitive and I have to be very careful with sun cream as I get a rash and prickly heat and I have found that the only 2 brands I have nver had any problems with are the Piz Buin (in particular the one a day) and clarins (too expensive).

You clearly got very unlucky and are allergic to one of its active ingrediants, maybe worth investigating further as other products will contain whatever your allergic to and could cause serious problems.
    Aim to win in 2013 - a holiday somewhere nice, New York break, treats for family & friends & some cash would be lovely!!!
  • Magicowen
    Magicowen Posts: 962 Forumite
    Yes of course it's a risk with any creams, but for one cream to have such an adverse effect on so many people!?
    With so many people affected I certainly wouldn't risk it and if I'd read those reviews I would never have wasted my money on it so thought I should highlight it for others so they have the choice.
  • dickydonkin
    dickydonkin Posts: 3,055
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Probably that is why the product is offloaded onto the likes of Home Bargains well below RRP.

I used it recently and wasn't overly impressed with the product.

Lancaster is probably the best I have used.
  • Ponkle22
    Ponkle22 Posts: 574 Forumite
    Ah, I'd forgotten about that. We used it for several years in a row, no problem. Then they MUST have changed the 'recipe' as my daughter came out in a thick scaly rash and all of our swimwear turned a revolting colour of green. We were in Greece and the locals told me to put olive oil on the skin - it cleared it after a while.
  • lfc84
    lfc84 Posts: 336
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    piz buin do a sun lotion with "allergy" wrote on the bottle specifically for those who may get skin irtitations
  • Magicowen
    Magicowen Posts: 962 Forumite
    I don't get skin irritations from any other products i've ever used and after this and reading others experiences I certainly wouldn't everuse a Piz Buin product again - allergy written on the front or not!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure