PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Comments

• Followed the as always terrific advic on here and emailed the CEO of Lloyds this morning about my long wait for the refund.

Just received this reply by email from customer services

Thank you for your recent communication which has been passed to me from the office of our Chief Executive Mr Antonio Horta-Osorio. It is very important to us to ensure that our customers receive competent yet helpful and friendly advice, during any business dealings they may have with us and I am sorry to hear that you have had cause to voice your concerns with the Business.

I am very disappointed that you have not received your full refund of Payment Protection Insurance for the amount of £2507.12 and I have requested for this to be done urgently.

I appreciate that this has caused you the inconvenience of having to contact us on several occasions and I have arranged for a cheque for the amount of £100.00 to be sent to your home address.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the delay and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Yours sincerely etc

Thanks MSE and the helpful souls on here :T
  • Paultoon wrote: »
    Followed the as always terrific advic on here and emailed the CEO of Lloyds this morning about my long wait for the refund.

Thank you for your recent communication which has been passed to me from the office of our Chief Executive Mr Antonio Horta-Osorio. It is very important to us to ensure that our customers receive competent yet helpful and friendly advice, during any business dealings they may have with us and I am sorry to hear that you have had cause to voice your concerns with the Business.

I am very disappointed that you have not received your full refund of Payment Protection Insurance for the amount of £2507.12 and I have requested for this to be done urgently.

I appreciate that this has caused you the inconvenience of having to contact us on several occasions and I have arranged for a cheque for the amount of £100.00 to be sent to your home address.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the delay and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Yours sincerely etc

Well done you really pleased it has worked out for you and 100.00 better off hope they now go over my 28days as well LOL happy spending x:beer::beer:
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Paultoon wrote: »
    Followed the as always terrific advic on here and emailed the CEO of Lloyds this morning about my long wait for the refund.

Yours sincerely etc

Brilliant!:T:j Well done, so pleased to hear it, fantastic work!
    Congratulations!:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • evie_g_2
    evie_g_2 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Hi all,
    Does anyone have an e-mail address for the ceo of Capital One please?
    Thanks
  • yodacat
    yodacat Posts: 18 Forumite
    Hi,

I have been reading this thread for weeks now, it's so great to hear everyones stories!

I am waiting to hear from Halifax about a Loan and a Credit Card PPI claim. Also waiting to hear from MBNA regarding a loan. I should have heard from MBNA by Wednesday of this week so curiosity got the better of me and I rang them today to see what was going on. I spoke to a really nice guy there who said he couldn't go into the specifics of my claim but that MBNA were generally upholding all claims relating to loans! He said I should hear from them soon and then it will take up to 6 weeks to hear from the redress team!

I will post as soon as I hear anything more.

By the way, the advice and support that you guys give on this site is fantastic!
  • offcumden
    offcumden Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I appear to have received a private message through the Forum on a ppi related subject I have not openned it because I do not recognise the sender nor does the name appear as a MSE Member
    Any Thoughts ?
  • only_mee
    only_mee Posts: 2,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Probably the spammer from yesterday advertising the company they work for.
  • Derwent
    Derwent Posts: 571 Forumite
    Had a very nice phone call from a chap at MBNA this afternoon. My credit card claim has been upheld and a refund of £9,528 is going to be paid.

Also, some information for anyone waiting on a decision on loans PPI with MBNA....

He told me that even though my loan claim hadn't yet been looked at it would be upheld as MBNA are automatically upholding all claims for PPI on loans !!!
    Its amazing how these banks can't even do simple calculations correctly..............
  • offcumden
    offcumden Posts: 98 Forumite
    tifosi wrote: »
    Hi,

the figures need to be entered to the left of each arrow on the web calculator

So, for each monthly premium you enter (in order)

Initial Capital = monthly PPI premium paid
    Payment (Month) = 0
    Interest rate = 26
    Years = however many years since the premium was paid

Then press "Calculate"

I've used your purchases rate for the interest rate above, but can you scan and post up the part of the CC agreement that shows the % charged on each type ?, yours sounds VERY strange! (but it does rather sound as though they MAY be charging 26% (Purchase) PLUS 9% (PPI) on every PPI premium!!?? - if that is right its scandalous!

:mad:
    Hi again
    Sorry I think I may have been talking at cross purposes.
    I thought you were talking about How to find the percentage interest that the ppi was calculated on not as the example quoted above being the total of the compound interest on one months payment over a period of time at at an interest rate of 26%.
    Which is why mine will sound very strange, my statements show a monthly element of ppi which is approx 8 to 9% of the outstanding balance which is why I suggested adding that to Cap One's very reasonable :mad::mad: interest rates;)
    I am sure that its only us that view the rates as scandalous not the
    CEO (very) RICH FAIRBANK:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Rae115
    Rae115 Posts: 187 Forumite
    :rotfl:
    Paultoon wrote: »

Yours sincerely etc

AAAHHH SNAP - i emailed him last night and a chaser today but still nothing. CONGRATS :beer: all the same .

I think they are still calculating mine its gonna be that much :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure