Sky Retentions offers

Hi all

I've had Sky now for over a year. They've mucked me about a bit with my packages. Not giving me the ones I asked for and not cancelling the HD package I asked for a couple of months back.

It just seems they are almost randomly making my deal up as they go along. The only ppl who watch it are the kids and right now I can do with every penny we can get.

I'm happy to completely cancel if necessary and take the aggro from the kids for a few days but can anyone tell me what sort of retention deals I can be expected to be offered?

I only want the basic variety pack & kids. The rest is just cr*p I don't watch.

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Six months half price seems to be norm at the moment (see thread on Quick Grabbit board) - you can also potentially reduce your cost before discount to £19.50 as they are changing pack prices from 1st September, so choosing one pack like kids will result in you still getting all packs.

Anon
  • bengalknights
    bengalknights Posts: 5,021
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If you cancel your service they will generally call back within a day and offer a deal.
  • wayne77
    wayne77 Posts: 406 Forumite
    What number do you guys call?
  • malky39
    malky39 Posts: 700
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    If you cancel your service they will generally call back within a day and offer a deal.
    is this a day after you have told them you want to cancel or a day after your tv subscription actually finishes
  • bengalknights
    Forumite
    wayne77 wrote: »
    What number do you guys call?

I do it online via the contact us form to cancel then day later there call centre calls up asking why you want to cancel then offers a deal.
  • bengalknights
    Forumite
    malky39 wrote: »
    is this a day after you have told them you want to cancel or a day after your tv subscription actually finishes

Usually a day after you tell them to cancel.
  • As Anon said 6 months half price is the norm and generally only available from the cancellations department. C/S getting tougher and are being restricted on offers. There is no way of being sure they will call you the next day but is common and certainly common within a few weeks. You have to give notice anyway so at worse you can call back the day before it is due to cancel and 'change your mind'. It would definately be unusual for you not to get something from them. Just call the usual number find the free phone one on say no to 0870 . com
    According to ABBA apparently it's a rich mans' world . . .:p
  • AlexisUK
    AlexisUK Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    just to say we tried this, and never received any offers. so we are now sky-free!
  • roseview
    roseview Posts: 147
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've just called about downgrading by removing movies and was given 6 months with 20% off which equates to making my movies half price.
  • bubblegun
    bubblegun Posts: 210 Forumite
    Sky are looking at getting rid of discounts again. Lots of agents don't have offers to give or are restricted to lower discount levels so if you want that 1/2 price offer you may need to try several times.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure