Frugal frump to Fab - Astonishing Autum Exquinox to Wondrous Winter Solstice

Ladies, gents and general lurkers :D

Today marks the next chapter of the frugal to frump thread.
We decided to run it from Solstice to Equinox and Equinox to Solstice allowing short term goals over the 3 month period.

Feel free to chip in with any tips, advice or ideas - everything is welcome here. If you lurk I hope you'll dip a toe in the sea of posting and join in once in a while

Bottom line is changing your habits and replacing them with new ones is a marathon not a sprint. Take as many baby steps as you need, after all you didn't become a frump overnight. However the important thing is to actually TAKE THAT STEP. Do that and you can take another and another and another.......

So first step is to wear perfume. Every day. Doesn't take long to do, seconds to squirt it on. It's not going to slow you down or get in the way of your busy day but its a reminder that you're worth taking care of. If you don't like perfume thats OK, perhaps find a shower gel or scented soap you can use in the shower or bath. Or if you can't use those sorts of items maybe make an effort to wear a favourite piece of jewellery, whatever works for you

Link to last thread is here

I've posted my goals on the end of the last thread so I shan't bore you with them again, they're not much different to the previous ones but with an addition. The last one was gratitude. For me I feel this is one of my most important goals, it's a road to me accepting my current circumstances whilst working towards the future.

So today I've done 15 mins yoga and I am grateful, that whilst my body isn't as flexible as I'd like its doing a damn good job of trying to do what I've asked of it.

:D:D:D
I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars

Comments

• Well of course I'm here on the new thread aiming for a fabulous Winter Solstice on 21 December - one of my favourite days of the year alongside the Summer Solstice.

My goals for the next 3mths are

1. Complete Ripped in 30 Level 4
    2. Start No More Trouble Zones and then move onto 6 Week 6 Pack and continue with Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
    3. Run at least 1 x per week
    4. Start swimming when new pool opens up at the end of Oct weekly to begin with
    5. Continue with weekly nail treatments and polish, continue with weekly face mask and 3 x weekly hair mask and treatment, daily skincare and hair styling routine, regular hair cut, perfume, jewellry and use up the make up I already own and only replace what I need eg new lipstick
    6. Wear the clothes I own with confidence and enjoyment
    7. Aim to not put any weight back on and if a bit more weight drops off that is fine as is STS
    8. Stay active at least 5/7 days per week
    9. Keep walking long dog walks at the weekend
    10. Keep the feeling of confidence, self belief and happiness within me - remind myself when it goes away how far I have come,
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • :j:j:j NEW THREAD!!
    Thanks Bitsy!

Been thinking about my new goals and the Winter Solstice is the day before my 41st birthday so perfect timing!

So here's my aims for the next 3 months......
    1. Keep exercising a minimum of 4 days a week - this can be swimming, running or long walks
    2. Lose 5 more lbs to get me to 9 and a half stone and then maintain it
    3. Request the promotion thats been whispered about
    4. Get all of the little things that are broken in the house fixed - a light switch, cooker ignition switch, plug chain, shower hose, phone socket etc - none of these really inconvenience me but need sorting out
    5. Slowly build up a new autumn/winter wardrobe for my new size without spending a fortune and which doesn't always revolve around jeans when not in work
    6. Keep up the routine - face scrubs, moisturising, defuzzing, nails etc
    7. Do something to help someone else - not sure what yet but will either find some volunteering to do or set myself a goal for each week to do something nice for someone else (become less self centred, easy to be when you live alone)
    8. Be organised for Xmas - no last minute pressies or panic outfits, no spending more than I should
    9. Decorate the spare room - paint it myself and get new bedding and curtains
    10. Keep meeting new people and having fun - this is with old friends, the Spice lot and meet up groups.
    That should keep me busy!

Just done the food shopping and was within budget and am about to make the most of the sunshine and take the dog for a good walk around the nature reserve and water park trails - good exercise and some fresh air. The cleaning will still be here when I get back and its raining:)
  • podperson
    podperson Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all,

Shiny new thread :j - thanks for starting Bitsy. Hope everyone from the old one comes back, and welcome to any new people! Trying to think of some goals for the next 3 months.

1. Lose a stone in the next 3 months - I would quite like more if possible but that's a good minimum I think.
    2. Get back into an exercise routine, do something at least 3 days a week - again more would be good.
    3. Get back into a regular beauty routine, has been slipping a bit lately.
    4. Plan outfits better, need to go through my wardrobe and have a sort.
    5. Keep working on the writing and photography, hopefully can be earning some money off them in 3 months.

May add some more later when I've had more of a think. Am filming a concert from the second choir tonight with OH - hopefully it will go ok :) Also have lots of writing stuff to get on with, have a submission that needs to be in by the end of the month, plus got my 'pre-edit' checklist from my editor today - things I need to go through and check before it can go for 'proper' editing. It's a very long list! :o Anyway, best get on with it - hope everyone has a great day x
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Can I register as a "lurker" rather than a regular participater?!

I do have goals:

1. To lose at least 7lbs by Christmas and get down to 10st-low-single-figures (rather than creeping up to 10st 14lbs :p) - I eat well when DH is at home, but really carp when he's away :o
    2. To sort out my working wardrobe to an easy-to-manage capsule
    3. To keep going with the long walks with DH (12km+) at weekends
    4. To establish healthier midweek pastimes such as swimming (rather than drinking wine! :o)
    5. To cut out the negative / backward looking elements in my life
    6. To keep up-to-speed with weeds etc on my allotment

I do have others, but I think those are enough to be going on with!!
  • Hello all,

New thread exciting will have a think about my goals and put on here, maybe i will do them then.

Had a brilliant time at my friends wedding, wore a dress well two one for church and different one for evening do. Dresses were borrowed my sister and had shoes/accessories, amazing for me as usually buy a new outfit!

Off for a cuppa and chill after all the driving today am shattered.

Eh xx
  • Oooh nice new thread. Thanks Bitsy.

Really busy, shopping and then major garden sort-out. Bought some new shrubs to fill the gaps, all planted up, all ready for the Estate Agents photos.

Am shattered now. Will think about my goals and post up later.
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I would like to join in this challenge if Im allowed.
    I have major health challenges atm so my main goal will be to improve my diet as it is the one thing I can do that might help.
    I have also fallen behind on the fabbing front so need to work on that again.

Good luck for the forthcoming months x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hello

I'm back :)

Over the summer I did little (or nothing) to improve my general well being even though I had been making the excuse over the winter/spring that I was waiting for the summer :rotfl:
    So the excuses stop here! I have taken baby steps by getting some new clothes and starting to exercise. My main thing though is to shift the weight.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • Welcome Rummer and Molly of course you can join in ;)
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • Well not a bad day today, had a productive time but quite enjoyable....some were related to some of my goals...
    So here's my aims for the next 3 months......
    1. Keep exercising a minimum of 4 days a week - this can be swimming, running or long walk Been for a long walk with the dog in the fresh air
    2. Slowly build up a new autumn/winter wardrobe for my new size without spending a fortune and which doesn't always revolve around jeans when not in work Ordered 2 things from the Next sale, neither of which were jeans
    3. Keep up the routine - face scrubs, moisturising, defuzzing, nails etc am scrubbed, shaved, bathed and moisturised
    4. Do something to help someone else - not sure what yet but will either find some volunteering to do or set myself a goal for each week to do something nice for someone else (become less self centred, easy to be when you live alone) made a start by buying a bag of some snacky things from the vegan shop for my IT tech in work who tried mine and liked them and helped me out quite a bit this week, and offered my help to mum in 2 weeks time to clear out my late gran's house now her tenants are moving out (will be a difficult time for mum)

Going to watch a film on Box Office (cheaper than the cinema) at 8.30 and have a fairly early night to get some beauty sleep.

Nice to see all the regulars here and hello to the newbies - you're very welcome.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure