Housing Benefit/Tax Credits and salary sacrifice

Hi all,

I've been looking over the internet for the answer to my question but can't find anything so hoping somebody on MSE may be able to help. :)

I've just entered into a salary sacrifice scheme at work and the deductions will start at the end of this month, my question is will my HB and TC be assessed based on my salary before or after the SS? The deduction will happen before tax & NI if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• princessdon
    princessdon Posts: 6,902 Forumite
    TC is after - can't comment on HB
  • Alleycat
    Alleycat Posts: 4,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi, I've just sent you a PM re the HB stuff.
    "I've fallen down a hole" - said in best Monty Python voice-over.
  • MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
  • GeorgeMc_2
    GeorgeMc_2 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Hi,

Just wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone else has any experience of this situation.

Many thanks
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Alleycat wrote: »
    Hi, I've just sent you a PM re the HB stuff.

Why a pm, the answer is very likely a help to other people on this thread.

I always get a bit suss when this happens.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • McKneff
    My gut feeling is 'before' otherwise the tax payer would be funding your private pension by giving you more HB if you see what I mean.
  • Alleycat
    Alleycat Posts: 4,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    McKneff wrote: »
    Why a pm, the answer is very likely a help to other people on this thread.

I always get a bit suss when this happens.

Sorry, only just seen this. The reason I sent the PM was because I was (and unfortunately still am) going through an appeal which I have been told by the officer dealing with it that I will win. There are personal financial information and other stuff concerning the case that I didn't feel comfortable sharing to the masses at least until the appeal has been decided. Once I have a formal decision, I'll be more than happy to provide case law etc on the open boards.
    "I've fallen down a hole" - said in best Monty Python voice-over.
  • McKneff
    Alleycat wrote: »
    Sorry, only just seen this. The reason I sent the PM was because I was (and unfortunately still am) going through an appeal which I have been told by the officer dealing with it that I will win. There are personal financial information and other stuff concerning the case that I didn't feel comfortable sharing to the masses at least until the appeal has been decided. Once I have a formal decision, I'll be more than happy to provide case law etc on the open boards.

My apologies then Alleycat, there are often people trying to drum up business after seeing some posts, please be careful posting any personal information in a pm anyway.

best regards
    Annie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport