Advice needed Please xx

Hi Everyone:hello:

To keep it short I was made redundant this morning due to company going bang!

I know I can claim from the Goverment and i have been given the forms etc from work.

My question is...

I had been told by someone at work in accounts that the Goverment pays 1 weeks notice per year UNLESS it is stated different in my contract. In my contract it states that I am entitled to a Months Notice. Now reading through the Gumph that I have here it says 1 weeks pay ( up to £330) for each year in service and I can't find anything anywhere to say unless stated otherwise in my contract. I had been with the company for 2 and half years....

Does anyone know if it is a month or 2 weeks ( as I suspect)....:confused:

Cheers, Narn :beer:

Comments

• The £330 per week relates to redundancy pay...I think!
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,816
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    As far as i know it is your company that pays your redundancy pay,
    you are entitled to 1 weeks pay for each year of service.
    (presumably you are under 41 or is it 45 years of age) in which case it is one and a half weeks pay. During your notice you are entitled to time off to attend interviews for jobs. Have a look at the ACAS website.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Naranji
    Naranji Posts: 19 Forumite
    I was made redundant this morning due to the Company going into Administration...so I am claiming all unpaid Wages, Holiday, Notice and redundancy pay from the Goverment....

I just need/would like to know if I will get a weeks pay for each year served in Notice or if I will get what my Contract of Employmen states of 1 month...

Naran :beer:
  • Spirit_2
    Spirit_2 Posts: 5,546
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    On redundancy you are entitled to contractual pay in lieu of notice of 1 month, however in insolvency (which from what you have described i think this is) the National Insurance compensation fund will restrict this to a max of £330 per week based on statutory notice rather than contractual notice.

For any excess that you are owed you will be a creditor. I think this means notice of 2weeks x £330 for you plus your redundancy.

Check this with HR or the insolvency administrator.
  • Naranji
    Naranji Posts: 19 Forumite
    Thanks Spirit...that's what I thought

Naran :beer:
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,816
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    My apologies Naran, i had not read your post thoroughly and missed the insolvency bit. I agree with Spirit. Good luck in finding a new job.
    Annie
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport