TalkTalk Scammers on 01457 828541

Options
I received a call from someone pretending to be from talktalk.

The indiviudal was a male and spoke with a indian accent. He advised me my internet connection was slow, and I should go to my wifi box.

When I told the gentlemen I did not have the time, he hung up.

I telephoned talktalk and was advised this was not a call made by them.

The number is 01457 929541
Trinidad - The hottest place to go

Comments

• TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi trinidadone,

I'm really sorry you've received a scam call, if you visit our help pages, you can find advice on how to approach these calls and also report the number to our Fraud Team.

Thanks,

Becky
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I received a call from someone pretending to be from talktalk.

The indiviudal was a male and spoke with a indian accent. He advised me my internet connection was slow, and I should go to my wifi box.

When I told the gentlemen I did not have the time, he hung up.

I telephoned talktalk and was advised this was not a call made by them.

The number is 01457 929541

There are lots of posts about these ,usually Asian ,companies trying to trick you into giving them access to your computer. More usual claims are being from BT or Microsoft and some of us wrote about the fun we had winding these people up.

They have absolutely no connection with your provider, but choose big names they know that people are likely to expect contact from. The numbers on caller display are also false, some nonsense and some appearing to be real UK numbers by starting with 01,02 or 03. (I even had a call from my own phone; person choosing that number ,not very bright.)
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Reported this on Whocalledme:
    https://who-called.co.uk/

If unsure about a call, hang up, get the number and report it here. That spreads the number around other users.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I received yet another telephone call on Wednesday 17th January 2018 at 1:39pm. The telephone number is: 01256 265546.

On this occasion the gentleman informed me he was from talk talk technical department and informed me he was calling me because of the connection issues relating to my personal computer. I decided to hang up the call.

No impressed, but I guess my details were hacked from talk talk a few years back :(
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • Nilrem
    Nilrem Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They also just call at random, or using numbers sold for advertising...

I've had them from windows, BT, Talk Talk, "your ISP" and various others.

I ended up getting a phone that could put calls from unknown and international numbers straight through to the answerphone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure