Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Comments

• Hi everyone

Hoping for a better day today

B - crunchy bran HEB with muller light & nectarine
    L - ham & tomato omelette with beans
    T - nacho style feast using primula as HEA with SW wedges & some kind of veg

Have had 10 syns so far

Have any of you heard about the HEB changes? I saw a post on instagram today saying that some allowances have changed (40g is porridge is now HEB for example instead of 35g) and some cereals such as coco shreddies & frosted shreddies are no longer HEB. I have to say I'm a bit too excited about extra porridge at brekkie time :D SW website hasn't been updated but people are being told about this in group

Main changes appear to be: Porridge is now 40g, Crunchy bran 45g, Puffed wheat 40g, All bran 50g

I know some of us don't do group or instagram so thought I'd share the love :happyhear
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    My consultant didn't say anything about changes to HEBs yesterday morning but I'd certainly welcome 40g of porridge rather than 35g! However, as far I as I am aware puffed wheat hasn't been HEB for quite some time now, although Maman still has it occasionally.

I didn't even know that frosted shreddies were HEB (although I have to say I don't really have cereal apart from porridge or very occasionally weetabix.

Denise
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks all, it's been a long time coming getting to that 10% but I have it now!:D

Hope you daughter gets the job Matron, do let us know!

Our consultant posted the official leaflet this afternoon on our facebook page - I've posted the new list below if that helps. The big issue at our group was that fruit and fibre has been taken off the list as that seemed to be a popular choice for lots of people.

The other big change is sweetners are no longer free if using in large quantities, so if you use anything above a tbsp. then it needs to be synned at 0.5syn per tbsp.

40g Kelloggs Allbran Original
    45g Bran Flakes
    45g fruit-filled wheat biscuits, blueberry/raisin
    45g Oat bran
    45g Dorset Cereals Simply Delicious Muesli
    45g Jordans Natural Muesli No added sugar
    45g Weetabix crunchy bran
    40g porridge oats
    40g puffed wheat
    40g Dorset Cereals Simply Nutty Muesli
    40g Kelloggs All Bran Golden Crunch
    40g Mornflake Swiss Style classic Muesli
    40g Nestle bitesize shredded wheat
    40g Nestle Honey Nut Shredded wheat
    40g Nestle Shreddies original
    40g Post Grape Nuts
    40g Quaker Oat Crisp Cereal
    40g Weetabix crispy minis - Banana/Choc Chip/Fruit & nut
    2 Nestle Shredded Wheat
    2 Weetabix
    1 sachet Quaker Oat so simple Big bowl Original
    1 sachet Quaker Oat so simple Multigrain porridge, all varieties

Hope that helps x
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for that Shala . I could drown in the Puffed Wheat. It's like popcorn with no flavouring and it weighs so 'light' you get loads (and now you get loads more)! 😃
  • Yay for more porridge!

Food today -

B - porridge.
    L - sw tomato and basil soup
    D - homemade burgers with loaaaaads of veg.
    Syns - wotsits 4 and a half, 3x mikado 1 and a half.

No speed with breakfast but that's not unusual for me.

Xx
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Is it wrong that I already have 50g of porridge :o:D
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Getting very quiet on here.
    I am liking the new SOTW magnets.
    Love the one with the rainbow on and there is a cute one with a dog on it.

Happy Saturday all.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Good morning folks, this hopefully will be my menu for today....

Breakfast.. Bran flakes,A/B blueberries strawberries raspberries.

Lunch..bacon egg beans tomatoes 1 wholemeal slice 3 Syns.

Dinner. Chicken fillet salad beetroot 2 Crustless slices 3 Syns apple clementine

Extra 2 Rivita 3 Syns light ice cream with a wafer.6 Syns ?
    15 Syns
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Morning all

Thanks for the update on HEB cereals Shala. I've stopped eating breakfast cereals altogether now, but its useful to know I could have an extra 5g if I decide to have some again. I'm trying to do more SP days so the extra HEB could be cereals. Well done for your Club 10 too.

Beanie - I haven't seen any magnets, are they given as awards?

Good luck to your daughter Matron.

My group are having a festive taster session this week so I've been looking through recipes for ideas. I decided to do Scan Bran 'Ferrero Rocher' but I don't have any Scan Bran so I'm going to use Finn Crisp thin crispbread instead. I've got the other ingredients (Nutella and Golden Syrup) so all I need to buy is some petit four cases.

It feels too early to be thinking about Christmas, especially as I won't be here, but as the Consultant says, it's only 12 weeks away so we need to get ready.

Have a great weekend everyone.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Lois~~ the magnets are for SOTW.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure