Equifax Credit Score

Options
Hi all,

We've been applying for a mortgage over the past few months and I've been sorting out my credit reports over at Equifax and Experian.

There was one default which I have settled and this show as settled on both agencies.

There is another default which was an error, duplicated from the above settled one.

I have finally managed to get O2 to update Experian and Equifax to remove the duplicate and my Experian credit has gone to 999 'Excellent', however my Equifax credit score has stayed at 'Fair.'

The annoying thing is on the statutory report the duplicate default is gone but when you click into the credit score and scroll down to factors affecting your credit score there is a 'Linked address default' which when you click it, it shows the duplicated default; almost as if it hasn't been removed.

I'm a bit annoyed at keep paying £5.95 for a credit score that doesn't appear to be improving and that this incorrect default still appears on their credit score section.

As I said, it doesn't appear on the credit report section; do you think I am ok to ignore it?

Thanks.

Comments

• The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gogster wrote: »

I'm a bit annoyed at keep paying £5.95 for a credit score that doesn't appear to be improving and that this incorrect default still appears on their credit score section.

As I said, it doesn't appear on the credit report section; do you think I am ok to ignore it?

Do yourself a favour and stop paying for these scores - they are a waste of money and do not reflect how lenders score you so are of not much worth.

Can't answer the last bit.
  • matttye
    matttye Posts: 4,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You should mention it to O2 and Equifax again that the duplicate default is now showing under an old address and ask them to remove it.

Credit scores are worthless, it's the information contained in your reports you need to worry about.
    What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

We've been applying for a mortgage over the past few months and I've been sorting out my credit reports over at Equifax and Experian.

Were you declined?
  • Gogster
    Gogster Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Were you declined?

We were originally, but were told to re-contact once the default was marked as settled.
  • Gogster
    Gogster Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Innovate wrote: »
    Guess how we knew you'd have a 999 credit score with Experian.

Because you have a Default which is the Norm for defaulters on Experian.

How is that helpful?

It was for £52 and is almost 6 years old and has been settled for some time.
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How is that helpful?

It was for £52 and is almost 6 years old and has been settled for some time.

It's not. It's just typical of Experian and evidence as to the pointlessness of their scores.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure