Esa & benefits

I had my Incapacity stopped in March 2012 after my Atos accessment for ESA. I was found fit for work. I started an appeal I didn't hear anything, finally in Aug I saw the CAB whom contacted benefits office they stated I'd been successful & in July 02nd had been placed in support group no letter or call to advise me, they say I cannot have (contribution) benefit payments now, although I'm disabled & on DLA I was receiving a reduced amount of old IB due to a small pension after an Industrial accident at work. Despite CAB advising I am STILL entitled to an amount suggested by my income, and have written twice to DWP they have not responded. Despite calls I get no where nor does it deem can the CAB local office. Any advice please:(

Comments

• miduck
    miduck Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    Write to your MP.
  • CAB_National_Representative
    CAB_National_Representative Posts: 220 Organisation Representative
    1abina wrote: »
    I had my Incapacity stopped in March 2012 after my Atos accessment for ESA. I was found fit for work. I started an appeal I didn't hear anything, finally in Aug I saw the CAB whom contacted benefits office they stated I'd been successful & in July 02nd had been placed in support group no letter or call to advise me, they say I cannot have (contribution) benefit payments now, although I'm disabled & on DLA I was receiving a reduced amount of old IB due to a small pension after an Industrial accident at work. Despite CAB advising I am STILL entitled to an amount suggested by my income, and have written twice to DWP they have not responded. Despite calls I get no where nor does it deem can the CAB local office. Any advice please:(

Hi 1abina - we'd recommend that you contact your CAB again, to see what other steps can be taken. For example, you don't mention whether your letters to the DWP are part of an appeal process, or if they were simply asking for an explanation of the DWP's decision. You might be interested in looking through this DWP leaflet on their decisions - if you've not already seen it.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure