Still waiting for Redundancy payment...

I was made redundant at the end of July from a small Limited company- the boss let all five staff go saying he was going into Administration.

Long story short, he didn't go into administration and is still trading, now from his own rented flat rather than the old office.

Because of this, I had to take him to an employment tribunal because the Insolvency service won't pay out as he was still trading.

I was awarded a default judgment in December for holiday pay, pay in lieu of notice and redundancy pay, but he's still not paid up, and the Insolvency service have said they will only pay the redundancy part of the payment as he's still trading- that's less than 1/2 of the total money awarded.

What other actions can I take in order to get all the money I am owed?

Thanks for any help in advance!!!

Comments

• adr0ck
    adr0ck Posts: 2,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    someone on a previous post advised me that they can take upto 6 months to pay you statutory redundancy pay

but i'm not really sure and no one seems to know 100%

hopefully someone will come along that will know the answer :o
  • lbell_3
    lbell_3 Posts: 29 Forumite
    You can enforce the judgment in the county court. If it has been 6 weeks since the date the judgment was sent to you then you can add interest on top of the amount you were awarded. There is a fee to take it to the county court, but once you have done it they have powers of enforcement, eg they can send the baliffs in. You may want to write to him before you go to the county court to give him one final chance to pay, but you can enforce that judgment any time so it isn't a necessity.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure