Pots of gold help!

Comments

• laura2481
    laura2481 Posts: 4,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    jem1276 wrote: »
    ">DSC00215-1.jpga%3E

Found these today in Morrisons, good size, nice high sides.

75p each, bought six and hadn't realised but they were on offer as went from £4.50 to £3 :T
    Fab- I'll keep my eyes peeled for these! :D
  • jem1276
    jem1276 Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    :o Sorry for the huge pic, don't know how to downsize them!
  • Queenriderbrekke
    Queenriderbrekke Posts: 5,592 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 December 2009 at 1:55PM
    Just to show you the pots that my daughter and I did, hers are the two in the mugs.
    Mine are made using the pot from an Innocent Veg Pot and the bottom half of a Tesco value 1.5L Orange squash!
    Thanks for this thread it is a great idea!
    PICT0192.jpg

PICT0195.jpg

PICT0199.jpg
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No. 138

2012 £ 3147.74 2013 £1437.532014 £ 2356.52
  • Here our pots of gold for Christmas dinner! Made by myself and my 6yr old daughter :T

DSC00111-1.jpg
    Member of Thrifty Gifty ~ Making money for Christmas 2010:
    £2 Savers club member no 40 ~ £54
    Amazon Vouchers BingoPort ~ £10
    Dooyoo Challenge Jan ~ £24.07 / £20.00 Yippee over target :j
  • oh these all look lovely!

I am thinking of making some as small gifts.

How much have most of these cost?

Also has everyone included scratch cards? would they be naff without? as my friends at church might not appreciate the scratch cards.

I'd want to spend no more than £2.50ish per pot could this be achieveable?

BB
    :money:
  • fran-o
    fran-o Posts: 807 Forumite
    heres my pots of gold for Aunty, Uncle and Cousins

P1010396.jpg

P1010399.jpg

pots are from IKEA
    contents include choc coins, tea lights, mini-twix, sunflower seeds, orange lip balm, mini-shower gels, a little whisky, novelty post-it notes(!) and werthers

next, on with flannel reindeer!:j
    fran-o
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    Hiya, I made my first pots of gold yesterday after following this thread for a couple of weeks.

Mine were silver and gold themed - with gold and silver coins, werthers originals, and ferrero's the same as most people. I also put in some Gems. They were from Home Bargains and were £1.79 for a pack. They were the same shape as a diamond (in a ring) and were made from clear glass. One was large, then a smaller one, which could be used as a little paper weight or just an ornament and then were were lots of little ones(could be put in a jewellery box or something). For £1.79 I thought is was brilliant value and made the pots a bit more oppullent (sorry I can't spell that)!!! To add to my DD1's one, I found some earrings in Adsa with an inch drop but the exact same matching stone. They were only £2.00!

Sorry to bother you - it's just a suggestion, in case anyone was struggling for ideas - I know it's a bit late!!!
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • Mazcabs
    Mazcabs Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Quick question: have made some pots of gold for nursery teachers using mugs and have some toffees, Wispa gold, chocolate coins and a scratch card in - sorted.

However I have to also do a 'cheaper' version - minus mug for a couple of other girls there but one is Muslim and I'm unsure about putting in a scratch card? What do you think or ideas for alternative to £1 scratchcard?
    Mum to 2 lovely boys who keep me busy.
  • Sainsburys have the My Caramel Swirls (huge versions of the ones in the tin) from Quality Street on 3 for £1 instore and online if it helps. They are really quite big, much bigger than the fererro rochers and they do help pad stuff up or take up room if you want it to.
  • Christmas_
    Christmas_ Posts: 149 Forumite
    edited 12 December 2009 at 4:04PM
    Mazcabs wrote: »
    Quick question: have made some pots of gold for nursery teachers using mugs and have some toffees, Wispa gold, chocolate coins and a scratch card in - sorted.

However I have to also do a 'cheaper' version - minus mug for a couple of other girls there but one is Muslim and I'm unsure about putting in a scratch card? What do you think or ideas for alternative to £1 scratchcard?

Bit of costume jewellery with a similar coloured stone? Those stretchy bracelets you can get in a pack from places like supermarkets or on the high street might work and you could perhaps put one in each instead of one odd one out without a scratchcard? Asda have little gold trees, about 3 or so for a fiver or they have gold tealights with snowflakes on about 6 for £2.

ETA: The trees are 6 for a fiver: 505141360549321000idsho.jpg

They also have these 12 for £3 which you could attatch to the top of your labels or use inside for gold things: 505141360571421000idsho.jpg

Other ideas are hair things and nail varnish/make up
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport