Great 'disguised Own Brand' Hunt.

Comments

• As a few others have said, Thorntons make most of M&S chocolates and sweets (I used to work for Thorntons).

I did hear a rumour that Clarins produced the M&S Formula skincare range and some of their cosmetics but I don't think there has been any proof of this.

I also read that Bourjois cosmetics are made by Chanel (as some others have said) and L'Oreal are made by Lancome but again I have never had any confirmation of this.
  • mel734
    mel734 Posts: 19 Forumite
    I've just reread the 'lost' posts and the specifically the one about Tescos Rice Pops being the same colour and taste as Rice Krispies. NO WAY!!! The Rice Pops are really pale compared to Rice Krispies and taste slightly different. I'm currently munching my way thru a box of Rice Pops because my four year old won't touch them with a bargepole! :o
  • Asda noodles are made in the same factory as sharwoods. I know because I used to unload the containers when they arrived here.
  • I found out through a friend of a friend Johnsons baby wipes and Tescos baby wipes are made in the same factory. I can't say if they are made in the same way but having used both to see if I could notice any difference they seemed exactly the same to me. This may not still be the case though as it was a while ago. Johnsons being twice the price I would certainly go for Tesco!
  • KK wrote:
    Apparently Bourjois make up is made by Chanel (and is a lot cheaper) and I have been reliably informed that Clinique used to supply the skin care range for M&S - don't know whether they still do.

I recently bought a Sharp combi oven and was told in the shop that Panasonic make all the components, but the Panasonic combi is much more expensive.

I am terribly impressed with Asda's Xtra Special range having bought loads of stuff from them for Christmas - they must be made by someone good - any ideas?
    I heard that it was CLarins that made M&S make up not Clinique but I could be wrong. If you go to the USA on holiday Estee Lauder definatly make Victoria Secrets make up, I was told this by the shop assistant.
  • Clarins definitely supply the M&S skincare range. Face wash, Clarins £11.50, M&S £4.50 - buy an M&S one and compare! You will be pleasantly surprised.
  • redrez
    redrez Posts: 41 Forumite
    I read in a magazine somewhere that Lancome makes L'Oreal. L'Oreal is very good quality make-up at around half the price of Lancome and available in more high street shops, as Lancome is usually only available in the very large Department Stores. :)
    If only I'd found this site sooner!! :think:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    redrez wrote:
    I read in a magazine somewhere that Lancome makes L'Oreal. L'Oreal is very good quality make-up at around half the price of Lancome and available in more high street shops, as Lancome is usually only available in the very large Department Stores. :)
    I dont think L'Oreal is a quarter of the quality of Lancome. You just cant compare the L'Oreal Paris Pastel Repair Conditioning Lipcream to the Lancome Juicy Tube.
  • Sofa_Sogood
    Sofa_Sogood Posts: 5,258 Forumite
    Judi wrote:
    I dont think L'Oreal is a quarter of the quality of Lancome. You just cant compare the L'Oreal Paris Pastel Repair Conditioning Lipcream to the Lancome Juicy Tube.

I'm not sure how to do the short link Judi, but on part of the website for cosmeticscop.com it says this:

"Lancome
    Another fact that is likely to be of some interest to the consumer is that Lancome is owned by L'Oreal, and you can often find L'Oreal products that are virtually identical to the Lancome products—the products are first launched at the L'Oreal shelves and then turn up at the Lancome counters a month or two later. In terms of quality, both L'Oreal and Lancome lag behind, though if you think Lancome has the answers for you, try L'Oreal first."
  • I'm not sure how to do the short link Judi, but on part of the website for cosmeticscop.com it says this:

"Lancome
    Another fact that is likely to be of some interest to the consumer is that Lancome is owned by L'Oreal, and you can often find L'Oreal products that are virtually identical to the Lancome products—the products are first launched at the L'Oreal shelves and then turn up at the Lancome counters a month or two later. In terms of quality, both L'Oreal and Lancome lag behind, though if you think Lancome has the answers for you, try L'Oreal first."

Can vouch for Lancôme being part of the L'Oréal group (went for an interview with them) as well as Laboratoires Garnier and Maybelline but don't know about the difference in quality as I don't buy the same stuff from these brands. So not much help really :o.

Choc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport