PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Money Saving recipes for Slimming World

Comments

• Pink

That's the one, thanks for your help.

jx
    Debt at LBM £15231.43:eek: now £11397.43 Coming Down :D
    Snowball says DFD [strike]March[/strike] Feb 2010
    Official DFW Nerd No: 218 ;)

Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • naturally_2
    naturally_2 Posts: 398 Forumite
    Sorry to be another bearer of bad news, but TVP (dried soya mince) is also syns. But some supermarkets and beanfeast do packets of dried vegetarian mince & bolognaise sauce/gravy which are cheaper than quorn and low in syns or free.
  • naturally_2
    naturally_2 Posts: 398 Forumite
    Forgot to say, I read somewhere on here once that grated carrot - as much as you possibly can bear to do bulks out mince cheaply - several people said that their other halves and kids didn't notice this and have been doing it for years!
  • kit
    kit Posts: 1,678 Forumite
    Am starting slimming world diet this week (not classes, just doing it myself with an old book from a friend).

This is my first EVER diet! Are there other posts that I can join in with about this type of thing??
    2012 wins approx £11,000 including 5k to spend on a holiday :j
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    kit wrote: »
    Am starting slimming world diet this week (not classes, just doing it myself with an old book from a friend).

This is my first EVER diet! Are there other posts that I can join in with about this type of thing??

Hi kit,

This thread is really only meant to be for recipes and help with cooking from scratch.

To get help and support with dieting using slimming world these threads should help:

Slimming World Support Thread

Lose Weight 20

Good luck!

Pink
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    I've lost 2 stone on SW and have 3.5 more to go but I'm a bit stuck so need some new ideas - great thread. I mainly do green too. The Tesco Value Savoury rice is free as is the value tomato and onion pasta in sauce.
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    kit wrote: »

Here you go, friendly bunch from DFW board,

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=866093
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • I am about to embark on the above diet over the summer. As a student nurse i feel that I should be much healther so befor I go back to uni at the end of september I plan to try to lose one stone. But im not going to cook a diffrent meal for the Dh and Ds's. I know that loads of you follow this diet but whats do you eat that the rest will eat. ( im not going to inform them that they to will go on my heatlth eating journey)

Thanks studentgirl. xx
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi there! We have an existing SW recipe thread, so I'll add this post to that to keep ideas together.

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    My fave - quorn chilli with unlimited rice, quorn curry with unlimited rice (they'll never twll its not meat!), meat/fish/chicken and many types of veg/salad can be made to fit either day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure