Failed Double Glazing units

Options
I have some failed units that I am looking to replace. They are on south facing windows both with one square non opener plus 2 smaller openers. My first thought was to replace the 3 in each window even though the smaller ones look OK, one firm has quoted me for this, another company has said only replace the ones that really need it unless using K glass.

Any thoughts on best way to go.

Also is there much difference between K glass and A rated.

Thanks

Comments

• phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Its more cost effecctive to get them all done. The cost differential wont ge massive and as some have gone, the othets will follow suit!
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    yes there is a difference. not a great difference over the saving per year . argon filled . planeballa . planitherm k glass are all made to keep the warm in . stop uv etc . if your big units failed you may as well change the small ones too. are your frames good ? service the whole sysyem check and adjust sashes gaskets . hinges locks etc .( if you've cleared a space best do the lot ) edit .. my spelling is bad tonite
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • Bigmoney2
    Bigmoney2 Posts: 640 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Had a second guy round today and I have decided to change all of them. Probably just go with A rated glass.
    Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport